Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New Android Feature: Swipe to queue songs

Android users voiced their feedback and Spotify has listened. This feature was previously only available in the iOS app. You can now swipe to queue songs in the Android app! This new feature is currently rolling out to Premium users so you should see...

AndroidSwipeToQueue.gif
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Somerandomrr
  • Visitor
  • 20 replies
  • 42 likes
  • 20 replies
  • 42 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 48 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 48 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution G Google Now doesn't play my playlist

When I use Google now I can search for a song and it plays ok. When I attempt to play one of my saved playlists Spotify opens a random playlist and plays that instead. Is there a way to use Google Now to play my saved playlists on Spotify?

• When I use Google now I can search for a song and it plays ok. When I attempt to play one of my saved playlists Spotify opens a random playlist and plays that instead. Is there a way to use Google No...
  • Sophia
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 8 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 8 likes

Chromecast audio

Hi,I have a problem. When i stream a shuffle playlist to chromecast audio , its stream only a part of my playlist. I dont know, about 100 songs and its end. When you push again a shuffle, then streams the same songs only in another order. If you want...

• Hi, I have a problem. When i stream a shuffle playlist to chromecast audio , its stream only a part of my playlist. I dont know, about 100 songs and its end. When you push again a shuffle, then stre...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify starts playing automatically

Whenever I watch an Instagram video or hang up on a phone conversation, Spotify starts playing automatically. I've disabled auto-play but it keeps happening. It's not running in the background when this happens. This is on an Motorola G5 plus. Thank ...

• Whenever I watch an Instagram video or hang up on a phone conversation, Spotify starts playing automatically. I've disabled auto-play but it keeps happening. It's not running in the background when t...
  • ianjoethompson
  • 4 replies
  • 8 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 8 likes

Superuser Contribution Chromecast audio - playlist always returns to beginning

Hi! Concerning chromecast audio.... When I select to play some song in the middle of my selfmade spotify playlist, with the next song the player will always return to the beginning of the playlist, always starting from the beginning of the list forwa...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi!   Concerning chromecast audio....   When I select to play some song in the middle of my selfmade spotify playlist, with the next song the player will always return to...
  • Arigoud
  • Music Fan
  • 44 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 44 replies
  • 6 likes

Spotify Connect Issue

Is there a way to use Spotify on 2 devices at the same time with the SAME account without triggering Spotify Connect?

• Is there a way to use Spotify on 2 devices at the same time with the SAME account without triggering Spotify Connect?
  • seahorsepip
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Songs randomly deleted from albums

On my galaxy s8, after making a new playlist, some random songs disappeared from their albums. This is only on my phone, since I checked my pc, and they're all still there. There is seemingly no pattern for what songs are missing.Now, when I go to sa...

• On my galaxy s8, after making a new playlist, some random songs disappeared from their albums. This is only on my phone, since I checked my pc, and they're all still there. There is seemingly no patt...
  • Sophia
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Esta cancion no esta disponible

Desde spotify en el ordenador puedo escuchar todas las canciones, pero luego desde la aplicacion en el mobil no puedo escuchar muchas de las que tengo en la playlist, o que busco y que desde el ordenador si que podia escuchar. Desde el mobil las canc...

• Desde spotify en el ordenador puedo escuchar todas las canciones, pero luego desde la aplicacion en el mobil no puedo escuchar muchas de las que tengo en la playlist, o que busco y que desde el orden...
  • xXx_Wehrmacht69
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

DSEE HX HIRES and Spotify Works?

Hello, my question: The DSEE HX (Sony Xperia) function works in all music applications like Spotify in streaming and stored or just only in the walkman official app? Im using Xperia Z5 Premium Nougat 7.1 with HIRES headphones. Thanks!

• Not applicable
  • Hello, my question: The DSEE HX (Sony Xperia) function works in all music applications like Spotify in streaming and stored or just only in the walkman official app? Im using Xperia Z5 Premium Nougat...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • sony hires dsee hx spotify sound
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Other music rather than one in playlist

When the music plays on my playlist, it sometimes plays "suggested songs" that I do not want to be there. I want to listen to the music on my personalized playlist and not some other random songs i did not place in there. Is there something that i ne...

• Casual Listener
  • When the music plays on my playlist, it sometimes plays "suggested songs" that I do not want to be there. I want to listen to the music on my personalized playlist and not some other random songs i d...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Songs are starting part way through, not at the beginning.

I have just installed the spotlight add on on kodi (android tv box) and when I play a track, the song is playing from part way through rather than the start of the track. According to the timer, it is starting at the beginning and the full time is in...

• Casual Listener
  • I have just installed the spotlight add on on kodi (android tv box) and when I play a track, the song is playing from part way through rather than the start of the track.  According to the timer...
  • f4ll3n4ng3l
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Change order of songs in playlist (Android)

Could someone please walk me through how to change the order of tracks in a playlist on the Android app? Cheers!

• Casual Listener
  • Could someone please walk me through how to change the order of tracks in a playlist on the Android app? Cheers!
  • Deebeefree
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Pausing resumes play upon trying to input voice text

If you pause the music then try to use speech to text, for a message per say, music automatically resumes.That's dumb. If I pause it, it should stay paused until I resume it..... So I can "voice type" my message Makes sense, right? C'mon.

• Casual Listener
  • If you pause the music then try to use speech to text, for a message per say, music automatically resumes. That's dumb. If I pause it, it should stay paused until I resume it..... So I can "voice ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Samsung s7 controls

I did the last 2 spotify updates on my phone, but when I did them I ended up losing my notification panel and lock screen controls. Now I have to have the app open and displayed on my screen to change the song instead of being able to use the control...

• Casual Listener
  • I did the last 2 spotify updates on my phone, but when I did them I ended up losing my notification panel and lock screen controls. Now I have to have the app open and displayed on my screen to chang...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Luluherrera

Me pasa algo con mi spotify cuando lo estoy escuchando y cuabdo se acaba ña cancion no continuan las siguientes, antes nunca me pasaba y ahora es muy frecuente

• Casual Listener
  • Me pasa algo con mi spotify cuando lo estoy escuchando y cuabdo se acaba ña cancion no continuan las siguientes, antes nunca me pasaba y ahora es muy frecuente
  • Sophia
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Android App EATING Data

Typically my spotify app uses between 500 and 600 MB over the course of a month streaming music on my phone to and from work and wherever else I drive. I've changed nothing about the way I've been using the Spotify Android app, but yesterday it ate u...

• Typically my spotify app uses between 500 and 600 MB over the course of a month streaming music on my phone to and from work and wherever else I drive. I've changed nothing about the way I've been us...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution unable to log in

hi I am using the same email and password as to log into web interface but I am getting this message "Unable to log in. Either username or password is incorrect". Any idea what to do? Thank you Radek

• Casual Listener
  • hi   I am using the same email and password as to log into web interface but I am getting this message "Unable to log in. Either username or password is incorrect".   Any idea what to d...
  • kotelnik
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Huawei Equaliser

I'm using a Huawei P9 Lite and I cannot find the equaliser. Previously, i could find it on my other phone on a Samsung Galaxy Core Prime. Any tips?

• I'm using a Huawei P9 Lite and I cannot find the equaliser. Previously, i could find it on my other phone on a Samsung Galaxy Core Prime. Any tips?
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Listen to playlist in order from middle

Within the android app, whenever I select to play a song from the middle of a playlist spotify plays that single song, then plays the whole of playlist from the first song. I want to play from the midpoint of a playlist onwards. This is possible in t...

• Within the android app, whenever I select to play a song from the middle of a playlist spotify plays that single song, then plays the whole of playlist from the first song. I want to play from the mi...
  • Sophia
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Cannot access downloaded songs on SD card.

I downloaded a lot of music to my SD card, so I could listen without using data. But the other day I had to do a factory reset on my phone. Everything saved to the SD card is still intact, however, despite redownloading spotify, I cannot access the m...

• I downloaded a lot of music to my SD card, so I could listen without using data. But the other day I had to do a factory reset on my phone. Everything saved to the SD card is still intact, however, d...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Download

Cant download the app on my phone it says its not compatible and my android is 4.4.2 kitkat version..what should i do?Im using vpn because the app isnt available in my country.

• Casual Listener
  • Cant download the app on my phone it says its not compatible and my android is 4.4.2 kitkat version..what should i do? Im using vpn because the app isnt available in my country.
  • Sophia
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes