Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • ThomasWYale
  • Visitor
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Offline on "Format as Internal" SD card

Hello everyone, I know, there were many of such topics already, but I could not find a decent solution.I have Xiaomi Redmi 3s with 8.1.0 android version. I activated "Developer Options" and set "Force allow apps on external".I formatted SD card as In...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello everyone,   I know, there were many of such topics already, but I could not find a decent solution. I have Xiaomi Redmi 3s with 8.1.0 android version.   I activated "Developer Op...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Cant get rid of songs

These songs are local songs i use to have but no longer need them. They dont appear on my laptop but do appear on my phone and i cant get rid of them at all. What should i do??

• Casual Listener
  • These songs are local songs i use to have but no longer need them. They dont appear on my laptop but do appear on my phone and i cant get rid of them at all. What should i do?? 
  • Bovril5969
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Ford SYNC 2 Track information

Hi, Considering getting a Ford that has SYNC 2 and been informed Spotify only works via Bluetooth. Does this display track information? Thanks, Darren.

• Hi,   Considering getting a Ford that has SYNC 2 and been informed Spotify only works via Bluetooth. Does this display track information?   Thanks, Darren.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify songs on the Gear Sport watch?

So here's my problem. I have the Samsung Gear Sport watch. My main reason for getting it was to be able to listen to songs without my phone or Wi-Fi (like when I'm running). So I got myself a premium spotify membership so I could download songs. I do...

• So here's my problem. I have the Samsung Gear Sport watch. My main reason for getting it was to be able to listen to songs without my phone or Wi-Fi (like when I'm running).  So I got myself a ...
  • gdavis773
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Music stops

I have Spotify premium but since two weeks I can play song's. I start the music but after 10 seconds the music stop's without doing anything after this I have to open Spotify again press start and than it works a short time

• I have Spotify premium but since two weeks I can play song's.  I start the music but after 10 seconds the music stop's without doing anything after this I have to open Spotify again press start...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Lost my playlist

Hello, I recently updated my payment online and my app on my anroid device would not let me do anything besides update payment which I already did. I uninstalled the application and re-downloaded it and logged back in and all of my music was gone. I ...

• Hello, I recently updated my payment online and my app on my anroid device would not let me do anything besides update payment which I already did. I uninstalled the application and re-downloaded it ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

offline listening

Does the app use mobile data if i am listen to music in my libary if i still have my data on my phone on or does it automactially just use what is downloaded? Do i need to turn off my phone data.

• Does the app use mobile data if i am listen to music in my libary if i still have my data on my phone on or does it automactially just use what is downloaded?   Do i need to turn off my phone ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Song stops playing after 25 seconds

I only have a problem with one song, all the other songs are the full length song. When I play the song on the desktop, it's the whole song, but when I play it on my phone, it shows 4:08 seconds and then glitches to 25 seconds and stops after 25. If ...

• I only have a problem with one song, all the other songs are the full length song. When I play the song on the desktop, it's the whole song, but when I play it on my phone, it shows 4:08 seconds and ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

h

ihu

• Regular
  • ihu
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Not compatible with my Wileyfox device?

Hi all,For some reason Google Play has always listed Spotify as being incompatible with my mobile device and though I use it regularly on my desktop computer, I have never been able to download it from Google Play.The additional info on Play's "This ...

• Hi all, For some reason Google Play has always listed Spotify as being incompatible with my mobile device and though I use it regularly on my desktop computer, I have never been able to download i...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Family and Connect cant find devices

Hi, We have three Android phones. All are in a family account. Only i can control all connect devices in my network. I have a Sonos Play 3 that all phones can select. However, there are problems with my receiver, Yamaha RX-A 1030. Only i can use Spot...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,   We have three Android phones. All are in a family account. Only i can control all connect devices in my network. I have a Sonos Play 3 that all phones can select. However, there are prob...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't play the music downloaded onto my mobile through Spotify.

I go to local files on spotify on my desktop and it shows everything in "My music" folder. I hook up my mobile to my computer, copy and paste all the music files into my SD card.I open up the spotify app on my mobileI can not play my music the same w...

• I go to local files on spotify on my desktop and it shows everything in "My music" folder.  I hook up my mobile to my computer, copy and paste all the music files into my SD card. I open u...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Lock screen on Google Pixel

On my Google Pixel, I'd like to have to controls shown on the lock screen, but not the wallpaper. Is it possible to do that? If on Settings -> Notifications I disable the notifications for Spotify I can't see either of them, and if I enable it I see ...

• On my Google Pixel, I'd like to have to controls shown on the lock screen, but not the wallpaper. Is it possible to do that?    If on Settings -> Notifications I disable the notificati...
  • morganjames
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Stop Spotify from using ANY data

How do I do this on my Android phone? The things I've done:Data Saver is onI've restricted background usage for SpotifyI've turned off downloading over cellular on Spotify And yet, Spotify still uses data whenever I have the app open. If I am not con...

• Casual Listener
  • How do I do this on my Android phone?   The things I've done: Data Saver is on I've restricted background usage for Spotify I've turned off downloading over cellular on Spotify   A...
  • Noah
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Adding 1/8 car audio input jack as a 'device' for Spotify App

I want to add a 1/8 inch auxiliary jack in my car, designed for audio input, as a 'device' on the Spotify App on my phone to play music on the car speakers. I have what I believe is the proper cable; each end has a 1/8 inch male connector.

• Regular
  • I want to add a 1/8 inch auxiliary jack in my car, designed for audio input, as a 'device' on the Spotify App on my phone to play music on the car speakers. I have what I believe is the proper cable;...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

visual bug after recieved call

Visual bug after recieving call on android note 8

• Visual bug after recieving call on android note 8
  • Noah
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

"You can download to a maximum of three devices"

I use Spotify premium for over a year now, and today I got the worst surprise ever out of the blue on my phone: I was unaware of this limit, but anyway I don't use more than three devices. I checked my account and here's the proof I am NOT using more...

Screenshot_2016-06-06-13-20-06.png
  • Regular
  • I use Spotify premium for over a year now, and today I got the worst surprise ever out of the blue on my phone:       I was unaware of this limit, but anyway I don't use more t...
  • mgomar_790
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Unable to connect to internet

Hi, I am a spotify premium user. I am currently running spotify on my google pixel (android 8.1). It seems that for some reason, i cannot connect to the internet no matter what types of internet i am using (wifi, data, etc). Is there anything I can d...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, I am a spotify premium user. I am currently running spotify on my google pixel (android 8.1). It seems that for some reason, i cannot connect to the internet no matter what types of internet i am...
  • Ansontyl96
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

ANDROID & BMW APP HELP!!!!

Can someone please help me understand why my brand new bmw and recently updated spotify, hate one another? More often than not, spotify doesn't even show up on my media list, even if I plug the phone in. On the slight chance that it does appear, I ge...

• Can someone please help me understand why my brand new bmw and recently updated spotify, hate one another? More often than not, spotify doesn't even show up on my media list, even if I plug the phone...
  • BMWOslo
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Recently played playlist does not appear...

Suddenly, after starting a playlist already saved, my list of recently played items did not update. What can I do? No items I'm playing appear in the list

• Music Fan
  • Suddenly, after starting a playlist already saved, my list of recently played items did not update. What can I do? No items I'm playing appear in the list
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes