Canada

Device

Samsung Galaxy S10e (Phone)

Samsung Galaxy Tab A 2016 (Tablet)

Operating System

Android 10 (Phone)

Android 8.1 (Tablet)

My Question or Issue

When I navigate to an album in Spotify on my phone, the album is shown as including a bunch of songs which shouldn't be there.  When those songs play, it shows the album title of those songs, and the album title is correct (and is not the album I'm playing at the time, it's a different album), however those songs are still included in the album.  When I play the exact same album on my tablet, those songs are correctly not included.

This is not a feature of the "play more like this" option; I have that option disabled and also those songs shouldn't show in the album description but these ones do.

I've taken a screenshot of the exact same album on both my phone and my tablet and attached those screenshots to this post.  The screenshot from my tablet includes the complete tracklist of the album, and you can see there are songs in the screenshot from my phone that are not in that list, such as "ambiguous" and "桃源恋歌".

Screenshot_20210119-122319_Spotify.jpg
Screenshot_20210119-122407_Spotify.jpg
3 Replies

Hey @Ertai87

Thanks for posting - we’re here to help!        

If you see the songs from this album displayed not as expected only on your mobile phone it's best to run a clean reinstall of Spotify. This will refresh your current app and update it to the latest version.    

In case you still see these songs after a clean reinstall, you can report this to the relevant Spotify team. Check out this help page and follow the steps on how to report the issue you've spotted.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any questions. 

Did clean install according to those instructions, didn't help.  I have an open ticket with your support team on this issue already, I'll continue following up there.

Hi again @Ertai87

Thanks for keeping us in the loop. 

Our Support team will be happy to continue assisting you!

If anything else comes up, we'll be right here. 

Have a good one. 

NovyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts