Plan

Premium

Country

Denmark 

Device

Google Nest speakers and Chromecast 

Operating System

My Question or Issue

When playing on my One Plus Android phone I get to listen to the album as it is intended from the artist, that is with no pause between songs. When casting to Google Nest speakers or casting to a Chromecast there are small pauses between the song on f.ex. Pink Floyd - The Wall. This destroys the entire listening experience to entire albums for every artist, as the have decided how long a pude there will be between the singel tracks on a album or sometimes there is no pause, as on most albums from Pink Floyd, Jean Michel Jarre, artist, etc.

Am I missing some settings somewhere? Is it the same issue when casting to Sonos?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi there @DragonDK,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

Unfortunately Crossfade and gapless playback is not available when streaming on devices like Google Home, Sonos or Chromecast.

You can add your +Vote to this idea to show your support. The more votes an idea gets the more likely it is to get implemented. Note that it's not always possible to implement new features when it comes to third party devices, as it involves collaboration with different manufacturers and it's not entirely up to Spotify.

Hope this info clears things up.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi there @DragonDK,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

Unfortunately Crossfade and gapless playback is not available when streaming on devices like Google Home, Sonos or Chromecast.

You can add your +Vote to this idea to show your support. The more votes an idea gets the more likely it is to get implemented. Note that it's not always possible to implement new features when it comes to third party devices, as it involves collaboration with different manufacturers and it's not entirely up to Spotify.

Hope this info clears things up.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi Alex,

Thank you for your reply. Sorry to learn, that there is not yet a solution to this issue. Wonder what the artists thinks about this issue. If you are not into playlists and top charts, this is a big issue in your music experience. 

I have voted as you suggested and hope for a solution to this issue.

/Thomas

Suggested posts