Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Device

(Google mini and alexa)

Operating System

(Android Pie)

My Question or Issue

I currently have 2 google home minis and a sonos one. Here is what I want to do. If I ask my google home mini to play spotify but my wife happens to be listening to spotify on the sonos, the sonos stops playing music. If anyone has any comments/suggestions I would be very appreciative. Thanks

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @konamon This has to do with the way that Spotify is licensed. A Spotify subscription is intended for use by a single individual (family premium being an exception). As a result of this, you are restricted to having only one streaming device at a time on your account. If you wanted to stream music on mutlitple devices at the same time, you'll have to create another account and link each device to a different account!

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @konamon This has to do with the way that Spotify is licensed. A Spotify subscription is intended for use by a single individual (family premium being an exception). As a result of this, you are restricted to having only one streaming device at a time on your account. If you wanted to stream music on mutlitple devices at the same time, you'll have to create another account and link each device to a different account!

Thank you

Suggested posts