Premium

Country

UK

Device

Oppo X3 Pro

Operating System

Android 11 / Colors v11.2

My Question or Issue

The playlists and the playlists folders order on Android 11 does not work properly.

The only filters that work are: Recently Added, Recently Played and Alphabetical.

The most useful and important filters to me are Creator and Custom Order and they do not work.

I have tons of playlists and playlists folders which I have organised in a specific order on my Mac but the Custom and Creator filters on Android do not do anything. The playlists and folders seem to be stuck on Recently Played even when I toggle to Custom or Creator order.

This is really annoying as it creates confusion and it takes a lot of time to find specific playlists and folders as the order is completely scrambled.

I did all the usual fix: deleted the cache, did a clean re-install but nothing works.

The problem seems to be only on the app version for Android 11.

No problems at all on my Android 10 phone or my partner iPhone.

In addition to the above, the Android 11 app seems to have another issue which is being discussed in another post: downloaded playlists disappear from the library. - search ongoing issues / downloaded playlists for more.

Obviously the app version for Android 11 is buggy. 

Could you please fix it asap - we pay good money every month for the subscription and I want to be able to use all the features I am used to and I pay for.

Thanks

10 Replies

Anybody else is experiencing the same problem?

Yes I do, but in my case only the playlists inside folders are stuck on recently played order.

Thanks - 

Actually all my playlists are organised in folders so they are all affected!

This is really annoying and hope is going to get sorted soon.

Hi there folks,

Thank you for reaching out to us here in the Community.

Can you let us know the following:

Once we have this we'll pass it on to the right team so that they can have a closer look into this.

We'll keep an eye out for your replies.

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Device: Oppo Find X3 Pro

Spotify Version: 8.6.30.889

Hope you can help.

thanks.

Device: Motorola One Action

Spotify ver: 8.6.30.889

Me to items within folders stuck on recently played I have lots of playlists and use folders to sort them to make it easier to find and it is hard when I click on a folder and its stuck on recently played. It needs be fixed soon 

I have now version 8.6.32.925 and the issue seems to be fixed.

All playlists in folder now are in custom order.

Does this work for everybody else?

I have version 8.6.48.796 on Android 10 on a OnePlus 5 

I am able to get custom order on the root level of my playlists, but once I enter a playlist folder the order is seems to drop back to 'recently played' and there is no option to change it to custom. 

Quite frustrating as I use folders of playlists to manage my listening queue, and now it's quite hard to find recently added playlists on my phone, where it is usually most difficult to scroll through a list because I'm usually travelling on foot or in car.

Hey @polite_society,

Thanks for the reply.

Currently you can't do custom sorting of the playlists in a Playlist Folder.

You can head over to this Idea and add your +Vote to show support, so this may be changed in future updates.

Hope this helps 🙂

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts