Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android 2.3.4 problem

Android 2.3.4 problem

I'm having trouble installing app on Android 2.3.4. Installed old one, Spotify says "You need to update Spotify", pressing on "DOWNLOAD" opens Play Store with new app called "Spotify Music", however I can't install it as "Your device isn't compatible with this version". Does it mean that I can't use Spotify anymore on my phone, which leads to cancelling my premium subscription? By the way, new app requirements are "2.3 and up" for Android, at least it says so in Play Store.

3 Replies

Support for armv6 processors was lost with the upgrade to the new app, which a lot of older devices used. Spotify had commented to say they were no longer supporting those devices, but the last update here says they are working on a fix:
http://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Android/Samsung-Galaxy-Ace-new-version-of-spotify-is-not-compat...

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Spotify is incompatible with some older/budget devices following the last release unfortunately. The latest update from Spotify is here.

It sounds more like a joke to be honest. Why not to keep old legacy app for these old phones? Does Spotify expects me to continue paying? Or expects me cancelling premium subscription and then subsribing again, when/if support for my phone will be restored? Could somebody help me finding logic in that? I'm so disappointed, really. Especially for this kind of behaviour: announcing that they're dropping support for armv6, then announcing that we should be keeping an eye on some forum threads and Play Store and maybe maybe maybe some day I will be able to use Spotify again. Nice joke, Spotify, good bye, Spotify.

Suggested posts