Premium

Country

Russia

Device

Meizu M6T

Operating System

Flyme 6.3.5.0 (Based on Android 7.0)

My Question or Issue

From the very beginning of using Spotify on Android, albums and artists do not open. The error always appears: "Something went wrong. It didn't work. Please try again." Various collections open, I can listen. When I go through a browser on a PC, then all albums and artists open.

I have tried all the options described in the problem solving. Nothing helps.

P.S. This problem is encountered not only by me alone, and as I can see, it still has not been solved!

18 Replies

Hey there @xQt

Help’s here!

First thing you can try is performing a clean reinstall of the Spotify app on your Android-device. This will make sure you get the latest app version with all necessary updates. 

If this persists after the clean reinstall, try disabling any battery optimization or data cleaning settings on your mobile device. Make sure you try this since such features can often prevent the app from operating at full capacity.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted.

I did all of the above, I also tried connecting to a different Internet network, tried with different accounts, but the problem did not disappear anywhere!

Albums and artists still do not open.

P.S. I hope now you will answer faster and solve this problem already.

Hey @xQt,

Thanks for keeping us posted 🙂

It sounds like this could be a device-related issue. It's a good idea to make sure that the Spotify app has all necessary permissions enabled. If you're using an SD card, you can remove it, reinstall Spotify and then try running the app without the SD card. For optimum performance, it's also important that you have at least 1GB of free memory on your device. 

Keep us in the loop! If you have questions, you know where to find us.

Ver Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

All app permissions have been granted. Free memory more than 1GB. The application is installed on the phone, and not on the SD card.

If these are device problems, then it is somehow strange that they arise on devices from various manufacturers. It looks more like unoptimization and the problem is with your application, not the device.

And I still want to know the solution to the problem I described, because using your application is incredibly uncomfortable.

Hey @xQt,

Thank you for your reply and confirmation.

Can you try a soft reset of the device?

Also - can you let us know which version of the app you have?

It would also be great if you can provide us a screen recording so that we can have a closer look on what's going on from your end.

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

i have a very similiar problem on an Android tablet. I can open one artist or browse artist for a little bit of time. Then all Artists present a blank screen with the error text above. No error code. This has only been going on for two weeks. Worked well for 2 years. I can browse another artist if I restart the device. I have uninstalled and reinstalled. No other software changes or updates in last few weeks. Same problem in the first 10 minutes of us. I suspect it has to do with spotify ads.

App version 8.5.84.875

Hi there @acherwinski,

Thanks for the info,

Can you also tell us your device Model and OS version? A screenshot of how your Library looks would also be very helpful. You can attach this to you next post.

Another thing, can you check if everything works fine on another device or the Web player, as well as checking how things look when you're connected to another network, either Wi-Fi or mobile.

Thanks.

AlexModerator

Attached is screenshot of the Artist page, The problem only happens after a playlist or artist has been played. Attach is a software version report. It is a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 Tablet. The app works fine on my phone same wifi network.

Hey @acherwinski,

Thanks for getting back to us.

It seems that the screenshots didn't upload correctly? Would you mind attaching them once more? Make sure to include the Android version on your device.

We'd love to investigate this further and will be keeping an eye out for your reply.

Mihail Moderator

Sorry about that the system would not accept the images - multiple times.

Screenshot_20201125-193229.png
20201125_193500.png

Trying again to get help. I must restart the device to change Artists.

Screenshot_20201125-193229.png
20201125_193500.png

Hey @acherwinski,

If a restart of the device solves the issue it would seem that something is interfering with the apps connectivity. Could you please make sure that it has all permissions enabled and is excluded from Battery Optimization? Follow these steps:

1. Mobile Settings> Apps> Spotify> Permissions. Allow everything you see there.
2. Mobile settings> Apps> Spotify> Battery> Optimize battery usage> select top All (not optimized for apps)> Spotify> disable.
3. Last step - restart the phone.

Note: Menu order may differ on different devices.

Recently there was also the release of a new version. If the issue persists after flowing the steps above and updating the app, could you also share the Android version you're running?

Keep us posted. We’ll keep an eye out for your reply.

Mihail Moderator

Thank you Mihail for the advice.

I went through the steps you suggested and updated the app. After a restart the issue continues. To be clear, when I get the error in Library/Artists, I am able to continue playing ablums or playlists for hours without issue. The connectivity is not broken, only the Artist information (browsing or search rssults) is broken. I can't change Artists.

Samsung has not made a new version of the Android OS available for this device.

Android version 7.0

Hey @acherwinski,

Thanks for your post.

We've recently released a new app version. Would you mind checking the app for updates? If afterwards the issue persists, could you please share once more the version you see displayed at your end?

It would also help us a lot in getting the bottom of this if you could log in on your Tablet with another network and with another account and see if the page loads correctly there.

Keep us posted, we'll be on the lookout for your reply.

Mihail Moderator

I updated the app again yesterday to version. 8.5.87.921.  With the COVID shutdown I don't have access to another wifi network from which to test.

I tested with another user account and have the same problem retrieving Artists. It is only when opening an individual Artist in my Library or Search results. Not the very first time. I think the issue happens after I have played or am playing a track. Not before..

Thanks

FYI this forum site is buggy as well. If you open the link in the email and type your response and successfully verify the capture. Click submit you get the attached error. If you go back and redo the same message it gets posted. Fails first time everytime.

Screenshot_20201205-104816.png

Hi there @acherwinski,

It's odd that Artist pages won't load on another account as well. This means that the issue is most likely network or device related.

Can you try to create a Mobile Hotspot from your phone and connect your tablet to it. This will help us determine if there is something in your home Wi-Fi network blocking the tablet from accessing the database.

Let us know how it goes.

AlexModerator

Suggested posts