Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android App crashes immediately after starting

Solved!

Android App crashes immediately after starting

Hey everyone.

My Spotify app is not starting all of a sudden. As soon as I try to start the app it crashes and shows a message that "the application has stopped working". I tried restarting my phone, re-installing the app, clearing cache and data but nothing works. This happened out of the blue and I don't know what else to do to fix the problem. So that being said, I would really appreciate any help.

Plan

Premium

Country

Germany

Device

Samsung Galaxy 9+

Operating System

Android Pie (9)

My Question or Issue

Android app crashing immediately after starting it

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @AndrewRobs01,

Thanks for searching for a solution in the Community! 

We see you have taken several steps to solve this on your own. However, we would recommend performing a clean reinstall. It's very impotant to remove your devices for offline lsitening before that, to take care of cache issue which might be causing this behaviour frrom the app. 

If you try it out, let us know if it helps 🙂

PetyaModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Hey there! I hope by the end of this you'll be able to get back to your music!

Seeing as you've done the other steps by clearing the cache and reinstalling the app, another option would be to check your device's storage and see if it's close to being full, then if so clear up space by deleting unnecessary data.

If not, continue trying the previous methods.

Unfortunately, if they still don't work, the last resort would be to perform a complete factory reset of your phone 😞

However, I hope I was able to help enough for you, have a great day and feel free to reply if anything new comes up!

Hey!
I checked my storage and i have over 30GB free to use so that can't be the problem either 😞
Though I tried logging in with a different account and with that it works perfectly fine. Any idea why that problem is linked to only my account?

Thanks for the reply and I hope there is a solution to my problem 🙂

No idea unfortunately, maybe try reaching out to Spotify support if it's account specific and they can check it out 'backstage'. The easiest way to contact them is by messaging SpotifyCares on Facebook or Twitter. Or you can contact the support team using the online contact form and email them at support@spotify.com

No problem for the reply, we're all here to help each other out 🙂

Ok, will do. Thanks for your help!

No problem, let me know how it goes 🙂
Marked as solution

Hey @AndrewRobs01,

Thanks for searching for a solution in the Community! 

We see you have taken several steps to solve this on your own. However, we would recommend performing a clean reinstall. It's very impotant to remove your devices for offline lsitening before that, to take care of cache issue which might be causing this behaviour frrom the app. 

If you try it out, let us know if it helps 🙂

PetyaModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Suggested posts