Device

Samsung Galaxy S9+

Software

Android 10

One UI 2.0

Samsung's Security Patch level 1st July 2020

Spotify 8.5.6 9.834

My Question or Issue

So the app is presenting a very strange pattern of misbehaviors that is escalating. 

It started a few days back when the "Now playing" screen froze randomly although music playback and controls worked as expected: you could hear, pause and skip music even with the screen frozen buttons or with the phone buttons. It was solvable by restarting the app. 

I then installed the latest Samsung required update. 

Then the issue kept happening more often.

Yesterday I updated Spotify via Google Play. 

Now it's pausing randomly and my 700+ liked songs are all gone.

My "On repeat" playlist shows that I have liked songs, but none is shown in the Liked Songs section.

I recently connected Spotify with my galaxy watch active 1, so it could be related, but I just uninstalled the app on the watch and the problems keep happening at the point that the app is now completely unusable. 

I'll be happy to provide any further information. 

Thanks! 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi!
it sounds to me like the app needs a fresh install. Please have a read of this link:-
https://support.spotify.com/us/article/reinstallation-of-spotify/

this normally fixes most bugs. Please follow the instructions step by step!

Let us know how you get on 🙂

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi!
it sounds to me like the app needs a fresh install. Please have a read of this link:-
https://support.spotify.com/us/article/reinstallation-of-spotify/

this normally fixes most bugs. Please follow the instructions step by step!

Let us know how you get on 🙂

Looks like it's fixed. Still testing but so far so good. 🙂
Thx

ive had these same issues on my galaxy 9+, and tried a fresh reinstall. it worked, for awhile. but after some time the same bugs started happening again. im not looking forward to having to reinstall spotify every time this happens

Hey there @carnespecter

Welcome to the Community and thanks for reaching out about this. 

Could you let us know if this started happening after a specific event such as an update?

On another note, we suggest that you check if the OS of your device has any pending updates. 

Lastly, we'd recommend logging out and then logging back in twice to check if that makes the difference. 

Keep us posted on how it goes. 

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Suggested posts