Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android App is Pausing. Attempted several fixes already.

Android App is Pausing. Attempted several fixes already.

Plan-Premium

Country-USA, Oregon

Device-Samsung Note 10+

Operating System

Android, latest version

My Question or Issue

This app is the only music app that keeps pausing. I looked and attempted the several posts on this forum about sleep settings, power settings, resetting the phone, completely reinstalling the app then reset. I also tried signing out of everywhere. I also used a different android "widget" as described in these forums. That was the last fix that "worked" for quite a while. Now, its happening again and again. It doesn't matter if bluetooth is connected, it doesnt matter if the screen is on or off and it doesnt matter if spotify is in offline mode as well. No other music app I have does this. I have a few that I am using now without problems. I download music from the spotify app so I can listen to playlists as I ride around, usually off road. 

It keeps happening after looking through all of these solutions. Like I said, I have updated the phone, the app, disabled all sleep settings for this app and even disabled all sleep settings for all apps, reinstalled, reset, signed out, tried different widgets or disabled them altogether. 

Long story short, this is Spotify's app that is crashing as no other music app does this. 

This has been an ongoing problem now for several years with no tangible fix in site. If we are paying for premium music we better get our money's worth for a fix. 

1 Reply

Exactly the same issue.  Both on my Pixel 4, my wife's Pixel 2 and also our desktop PC. and my laptop.  Fortunately, our Lenovo Android tablet is okay.  All these other devices pause play of any Spotify content after 8 seconds or so.  It feels like the issue where someone else is using your account and there playing pauses your device.  I've forced the log out of all devices. This has not helped.  I'd say that this started within the past two weeks.  I'd say that 4 devices, two mobile and two not are not due to an OS version or an App version, but something going on with Spotify.   

Another issue that seems to occur only my Pixel 4 is that when I play a podcast they play at slightly faster than normal speed.

Suggested posts