Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android App notification controls disappear/time out with Spotify Connect & Sonos

Android App notification controls disappear/time out with Spotify Connect & Sonos

I know a similar bug existed recently and was apparently resolved for normal use cases, but I still have this problem when using Spotify Connect to play to Sonos.  If I don't  use the Spotify app for ~10 minutes, all the notification controls go away (on lock screen and on the notification bar), so there is no easy way to control the music or access the app.  I actually think the app itself closes or goes to sleep, but I'm not certain of that.  The only way to get music control back is to re-open the full app, but this is very slow because it takes a few seconds to re-load the actively playing music.  This bug is very annoying, because music control becomes very slow and cumbersome.  I only have this bug with Spotify Connect/Sonos, and not when listening directly from the app.

2 Replies

I have the same problem since ages and it never gets fixed! Nobody from Spotify seems to care as they apparently won't even answer to this request.

Why paying 10$ a month for connect support if it isn't properly supported?!

This bug seems to have reappeared and also affects Google casting to a Google Home. Everything connects fine and I can control volume from my phone for a few minutes. After about 5-10 minutes, Spotify disappears from the notification bar of my phone and I cannot adjust volume or control music without re-opening the app.

Definitely annoying and wasn't always this way a few months back. I'm relatively new to Spotify premium. 

Suggested posts