Android Auto - Downloaded playlists won't load

Plan

Premium

Device

SS Galaxy s9+

Operating System

Android 10

My Question or Issue

Any downloaded playlists will not load on android auto. I don't have unlimited data so streaming my music on cellular is a no-no. Discover weekly loads fine but any other playlist will not load if I have it downloaded. I've tested with multiple playlists even ones with only one song. The second it's downloaded it won't load anymore in android auto and I have to play it via voice assistant or from my phone. But once I delete it, it'll load fine. I've tested with my storage location on an SD card and internal, doesn't matter, the playlists won't load. I miss when tapping on a playlist would just play it instead of it pulling up a song list because it used to work by simply tapping the playlist on the screen and it would shuffle. Instead, tapping tries to open the playlist and it loads forever.

3 Replies

Hey @geibuh

Thanks for posting - we’re here to help!

Let us know if you still experience this after running a clean reinstall of the Spotify app on your Android device. This will remove corrupted data from previous installations and get your app updated to the latest version. You can find the steps for a clean reinstall here

If this persists, make sure no battery optimization settings or data cleaning apps run active on your mobile device. Such features can often prevent the app from operating at full capacity. We also suggest accessing the app settings and making sure all Permissions are enabled for Spotify. 

Let us know how you get on! We'll be here in case you need any further help with this.

After a clean install and spotify having all permissions the issue persists. To test I removed the download and tried again and the playlist loaded instantly on AA. 

Hey @geibuh,

Thanks for getting back to us with the results.

It would seem that you're experiencing a case of this Ongoing Issue we have at the movement. We recommend that you +VOTE and subscribe to it, if you haven't already. We'll keep you posted on any updates on the matter in the Status Update there, as soon as there are any. 

Hope this info is useful. Let us know if you have any questions.

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts