Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android Auto Message "Spotify Doesn't Seem To Be Working Right Now"

Android Auto Message "Spotify Doesn't Seem To Be Working Right Now"

Hi,

I continue to get a message" Spotify doesn't Seem To be Working Right Now" when playing through Android Auto. When I try and select a playlist or do anything when this happens Spotify just spins and does nothing.This started about 2 weeks ago, the only solution I have found is to un-install and then re-install Spotify on my Note 4.Then the app works well for 3-4 days and the same thing happens.

I don't have this issue with any other music service through Android Auto.

3 Replies

Hi friend,
Did you solve the problem? I have the same bug several weeks ago 😞

Hi, I have not, I did re-start my phone while connected to Android Auto and Spotify started working again

This problem is very annoying.
The issue happens after swiping the spotify window (open apps screen) away on a samsung device (I have a galaxy S8+), then attemping to play Spotify on Android Auto.
The issue has nothing to do with the car itself and can be reproduced by opening android auto on the phone. (without being connected to the car)
The only resolution I found is to either restart the phone or "force stop" Spotify in settings -> apps.

Steps to reproduce:
1. Open Spotify app.
2. Go to open apps screen and swipe away the Spotify window to close it. (Very common action to close windows on the phone throughout the day by either swiping individually or clicking the "close all" button)
3. Open Android Auto on the phone and attempt to play Spotify.
Result - The error "Spotify doesn't seem to be working at the moment" appears.

Very annoying workaround to resolve issue:
1. Restart phone
2. Go into settings, then apps, click on Spotify, and click "force stop".
Result - Next time you open android auto you are able to successfully play Spotify without the above error appearing, but the next time you close the Spotify window in the open apps screen the error will appear in Android Auto again.
Screenshot_20170724-161528.png
Screenshot_20170724-161522.png
Screenshot_20170724-161426.png

Suggested posts