Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android Auto doesn't work in offline mode

Solved!

Android Auto doesn't work in offline mode

There isn't a way in Android Auto to play only offline music. This could be accomplished either through simply working in "offline mode" or by having some sort of smart playlist that contains only the downloaded songs. I have to pay for my data by the MB so streaming is not a reasonable option for me.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

There is an offline mode in settings. I've turned that on if I want to ensure I don't use the streaming. Otherwise I try to stick with playlists I've downloaded.

Only downside is you have to navigate to music reach time you connect to the car since for some reason in offline mode it doesn't remember where it left off.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

There is an offline mode in settings. I've turned that on if I want to ensure I don't use the streaming. Otherwise I try to stick with playlists I've downloaded.

Only downside is you have to navigate to music reach time you connect to the car since for some reason in offline mode it doesn't remember where it left off.

Thank you. I don't think I noticed this because a big play icon is initially shown in the center of the screen and it does nothing when you press it. Thanks again!

Why can there not be an offline Spotify button in Android Auto?

If I put Spotify in offline mode first, and then connect my phone to my car, Spotify will go back online automatically. And because my phone screen is not accessible when connected to Android Auto I am not able to go back into Spotify and put it back offline. 

Suggested posts