Android Auto still Unable to browse by Album

Highlighted

Re: Android Auto still Unable to browse by Album

Hey folks,

Thanks for reaching out and sharing your feedback.

We'll make sure to pass it along to the right team. In the meantime we would really appreciate screenshots of how both the albums you can't play and the playlist you're able to get displayed. You can attach them via the Insert Photo option in the post editor, just make sure to hide any private/ sensitive info.

We'd also like to know if the following workaround works for you. Most of you mention that they are able to play downloaded playlist but not albums. If you add all songs from an album to a new playlist and download it instead, that should do the trick. Let us know if that's the case.

Hope you find this useful. Keep us posted how you get on.

MihailModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music is a language that doesn’t speak in particular words. It speaks in emotions, and if it’s in the bones, it’s in the bones.” - Keith Richards
Highlighted

Regular

This picture is of what happens when I select an album from my downloaded albums list. It never actually plays and just shows this screen.

Album selection.jpg
Highlighted

Regular

This is what happens if I try to change albums. It looks like it's playing, but there is no sounds and the song timer doesn't change. The stop button had no functionality either.

Changing album~2.jpg
Highlighted

Regular

This picture shows what comes up when I try to see the song list from the album. 

I tried this in 2 different vehicles with the same result.

Album song list~2.jpg
Highlighted

Regular

The playlist workaround did not work for me. I created an individual playlist for a bunch of albums and none of them show up. It just has one option to select all songs. There doesn't seem to be a way to pull up individual album playlists that I created.

Playlists~2.jpg
Highlighted

Casual Listener

I see same behavior of Spotify in my car as on above pictures. Workaround works for me. I have few downloaded playlists and they works. But that's the only way how to play Spotify music in car when I am offline. I think playing albums is blocked by waiting for internet connection (maybe fetching some info) - how hard it could be to identify that place in the code??? Is it possible that it takes several MONTHs to fix single error? **bleep**!

Highlighted

Casual Listener

Hi guys

I experience the same issue. Only playlists are working in offline mode but not albums. As far as I know it's an issue for several months now. Like many others I am a paying customer and expect a statement from spotify what is the schedule for the bugfix?

Spotify Premium Version 8.5.80.1037

Android Auto Version 5.7.603954

Samsung Galaxy S9+ with Android 10

Highlighted

Hey there folks, 

Thanks for the photos and your feedback.

This issue was present some time ago, but was fixed in one of the app updates. We're sorry to hear that it's back again. We'd need to gather some more info from everyone experiencing difficulties playing offline Albums.

Could you let us know your Device make, model and exact OS version, as well as your Spotify version.

@evilfranky, Thanks for the info! 

We'll be on the lookout for your replies.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“With freedom, flowers, books, and the moon, who could not be perfectly happy?” ― Oscar Wilde
Highlighted

Regular

Pixel 2XL

Android 11

Spotify 8.5.80.1037

Highlighted

Casual Listener
Samsung Galaxy S7
Android 8 (all updates), Build R16NW.G930FXXS7ETA8
Spotify App, Version 8.5.80.1037