Highlighted

Android Auto still Unable to browse by Album

Casual Listener

Plan

Premium

Country

Netherlands

Device

Motorola G7 power / Android Auto (updated)

Operating System

Android 10

My Question or Issue

This issue has been discussed earlier (2019, 2020), but I found no solution: It is unable to play downloaded albums in Android Auto. The solution is not: lower the amount of to many downloaded albums (earlier discussed), because if I downlaod only one album, the problem is already there. This function of Spotify is essential for my premium account. I hope Spotify will really pay attention to this problem. If it will not be solved, I will stop paying for Spotify.

3 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Android Auto still Unable to browse by Album

Hey there @Zeekoet!

Thanks for reaching out to us.

We'll just need a bit more info to see what we can suggest here.

Could you let us know if you only have trouble with playing albums only offline?

Do you get any error messages when you give this a shot? A picture of what you see will help our investigation.

We'll be on the lookout for your reply. Feel free to get back to us if you have any further questions.

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Highlighted

Casual Listener

Thank you for your reaction.

The probleem only occurs in the off line modus when spotify is connected to android auto. If I go online the problem is gone. If I play an album at home using my smartphone, in the off line modus or the online modus, no problem.

There is no error message. If I select an album from the list of downloads, which is visible on the  screen of my car (android auto - Renault Clio 2020, updated) , the screen  freezes on the last played number from a playlist or the last podcast played, no sound.

I can select and play from the playlist, podcast etc in the off line modus, but not from the albumlist.

Highlighted

Thanks for all the info @Zeekoet!

We'll pass on this info the right team here, but it since this is most likely isolated to your device or specific setup, we're not able to give any timeline for when this could be fixed.

We recommend keeping an eye out for future updates to the app, but can't guarantee this will solve the issue. For now, we can offer you a workaround of creating playlists from the albums you'd like to listen offline.

An easy way to to that would be opening the album on desktop and marking all songs by pressing Ctrl+A and right-clicking to choose Add to Playlist.

Hope this info brings some light to the situation. We'll be here if you need help with anything else.

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

SUGGESTED POSTS