Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android Dissatisfaction

Android Dissatisfaction

Hi
I have been a paid-up Spotify user for 3 years now, first on iOS and for the past couple of years on Android, so it stands to reason that I must have been a fairly satisfied customer over the years to have continued paying £10 per month.

However, for the past few months I have increasingly gained the impression that Spotify does not either understand or care for the Android Spotify community. The mobile app - which is the only way I use Spotify - seems to be falling behind the iOs app, as well as the Android offerings of services like Rdio.

It is the small things that annoy, for example;
* the lack of Notification Bar Controls that all other music players seem to use,
* the inability to share playlists easily with another user,
* playlist sorting,
* the way that search results are limited to 5 artists, 5 albums and 100 tracks and the fact that there is no way to show more albums/artists/tracks in the results if you want.

Is there any likelihood of any of these issues being addressed soon?

Spotify is still the best for now (I have been annoyed enough to try out Rdio, and it is great in many ways but the music sounds better on Spotify) but complacency seems to have set in and once XBox music comes to Android (30 Million tracks available) then I can see many users giving it a try.

Come on Spotify, make your Android customers feel wanted again. I think you'll regret it if you don't.

1 Reply

There are certain features which Spotify reps have stated are on thje 'high priority' list. 

Unfortunately:

a) Not the ones you list

b) The same features have been on the high priority list for 8 months or more and we still don't have them

c) Spotify will not comment on when the next release will be available or what exactly will be in it

----------------
Listening on Windows, Android and Sonos. Tweeting it at @davelicence

Suggested posts