Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Android] Downloaded songs don't play in underground car park

Solved!

[Android] Downloaded songs don't play in underground car park

I've read multiple posts before writing this, but the only similar issue was posted 5 years ago, and no solution was reported: My car is standing in an underground car park, both at home and at the firm and mobile signals can't get through. Now, every day I'm getting into the car and want to start music, it won't work. There are 2 scenarios:

1. I want to change from "Album" to "Playlist" or vice versa. But I can't, the page is just loading and loading and nothing happens. 
2. I'm already in the correct playlist / album and tap on a specific downloaded song - nothing happens.

Both actions work fine once I'm arriving at the exit of the car park, where my mobile receives a signal. When I tapped on a song like described under 2), the song will automatically start at the car park exit.

That's really bothering me, I don't understand why Spotify is needing a king of initial connection for playing downloaded stuff. E.g., when I start the song in my room before entering the car park, it works finde. Btw, the offline mode is not changing anything.

My specs:
- Samsung Galaxy S9
- Android 10
- Premium account
- Spotify version: 8.6.0.830

Please help.

Thanks
Florian

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @FlorianKa,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community.

Could you let us know if this behavior continues with the app manually set to Offline Mode? You can find detailed instructions on how to activate it here. We recommend always turning on this feature when the internet connection gets lost.

If that doesn't do the trick, it's a good idea to preform a clean reinstall of the app. This step lets you start afresh with the latest app version by removing any corrupted files from previous installations. This usually resolves similar issues to the one you're experiencing.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on how it goes.  

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @FlorianKa,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community.

Could you let us know if this behavior continues with the app manually set to Offline Mode? You can find detailed instructions on how to activate it here. We recommend always turning on this feature when the internet connection gets lost.

If that doesn't do the trick, it's a good idea to preform a clean reinstall of the app. This step lets you start afresh with the latest app version by removing any corrupted files from previous installations. This usually resolves similar issues to the one you're experiencing.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on how it goes.  

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi Mihail,

thanks for your prompt answer. The clean re-install led to nothing, but the Offline mode helped. Although it was definitely not helping before, it did the job yesterday. So I'll take that as the workaround.

Many thanks
Florian

Suggested posts