Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I purchased spotify premium

I purchased spotify premium

1. Thanks to some**bleep** on your website, i lost the entire text i had written.

Instead, here's this

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Device

(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

5 Replies

Hey there @lorinczi_thomas

Thanks for reaching out to the Community. 

Would you mind giving us a bit more info about what's happening? 

We'll see what we can suggest. 

Keep us posted!

NovyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Here's more or less the text i had originally written, then immediately lost thanks to your great system etc:

Lately Spotify Premium has been a slow mess for me. I use an Samsung A3 2017, which has more than enough capabilities for streaming music, except that Spotify has been "modernized" in such fashion that it makes it b*llocks hard to do basic tasks.

For example, it takes a whole lot of time to just resume the music i paused a while ago. I get that pausing the music loses the background service, because i have only 2 GB of RAM, and so Spotify can't keep the music in the background all day long like... uhmmm, Samsung Music can do! But when i try to restart the playback, oh man, it's just so painful to watch. In addition, this process also slows my device down to a crawl, at the point i can't even use emergency services, because simply restoring the session from where i left is so bad optimized it just tears my device apart!
Now to even more basic stuff, loading up context menu options for songs simply doesn't work at times, i have to try like 4 times to show them up, because the app says it's "Offline", even though i have a 4G+ connection which makes super easy to load that simple menu!

I don't have the time to always restart the app as i have opened pages inside the app and literally any app on my phone can restore from a preloaded state, except for Spotify which it seems to be achiles heel.
So the most obvious solution would be "Upgrade your device!", except i don't feel like putting money to upgrade to a device just for one app that i'm already paying! So shall Spotify offer me a more capable device or money to buy one myself, in order to use their paid service, or what?

Hi there @lorinczi_thomas,

Thanks for sharing this extensive description with us.

Sorry to hear that you're having such an experience with the app.

We'd recommend running a clean reinstall of the app. Please follow the steps from this Spotify Guide exactly, as this will assure that all app data is cleared completely, before reinstalling.

Also, make sure that Battery optimization is not enabled for Spotify from the system app settings, as well as that the app is granted all permissions. These settings could be hindering the performance of the app.

Keep us posted on how you get on with this.

Cheers.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Why is that necesarry? It's a music app, why does a music app require maintanenance in 2021?
When i open the app, or hit play from my headphones, the music should be ready to roll asap. It is top priority to always have music at my fingertips, no matter how bloated is the app or how much residue is left. I never "cleaned" my device in 6 months and is running just fine... except for spotify, duh.
Here's spotify trying so hard to play something thats clearly still inside the device and should not require establishing a connection or**bleep**.

Screenshot_20210222-085931_Samsung Experience Home.jpg

Hi there @lorinczi_thomas,

All apps that are frequently in use can build up data, especially one that continuously streams such. All known OSs as well, Android being no exception, do get slower with time and require more frequent maintenance with age, to ensure things run as smooth as possible.

Even the actual components of your phone, like its CPU, deteriorate with time as electricity passing through and heat generated take their toll. This is just the same as air, crucial for survival, is actually one of the main reasons for cell decay.

On our end, we're trying to help out so that you have a better experience with the app, even on an older device. And yes, some maintenance is required and overall is a good practice for any app and device. That being said, we'd like to point you to our Community guidelines and ask to maintain a friendly tone, as we only want to help, but will not be able to continue to do so, if we cannot have a civil conversation.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Suggested posts