Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android Equalizer

Solved!

Android Equalizer

When equalizer will be available to Android? Using the Android Equalizer low the volume a lot.... A native equalizer is a must for Android app...

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi,

There is an EQ setting, it sits under the Music streming quality settings and is called "Audio Effects"

What devices are you using? Can you try a reboot or re-install of the app?

Android works slightly differently, rather than having EQ's per app/system etc they all tap into a global EQ which controls all volumes, settings globally for all apps that tap into the media output sound channel. The inbuilt EQ (or "Audio Effects" as it's called in the app) in spotify is essentially just a link to the Equalizer built into the ROM, if (as found in some Samsung & HTC devices) the EQ control is missing from the Android Settings then there is nothing for the Spotifty to link to, as such it will remove the option.

If this is the case you need to install an app such as ViPER4android FX (which is what I use), or Equalizer and the option will appear in the Spotify app. Clicking on it will take you to the EQ app where you can control the settings.

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Yes. iPhone has the EQ. Android? I have a third party EQ right now. Great if it could be built into Spotify.

@Joemommaspotify wrote:
Yes. iPhone has the EQ. Android? I have a third party EQ right now. Great if it could be built into Spotify.

Yes, i use a third party, butnot works well, when i enable the volume down a lot and if i continue using whith volume down after a time the equalizer disables and the volume has a huge increase, even scared myself once with it....

A equalizer and a preamp will be very good.....

Thanks in advance.

Marked as solution

Hi,

There is an EQ setting, it sits under the Music streming quality settings and is called "Audio Effects"

What devices are you using? Can you try a reboot or re-install of the app?

Android works slightly differently, rather than having EQ's per app/system etc they all tap into a global EQ which controls all volumes, settings globally for all apps that tap into the media output sound channel. The inbuilt EQ (or "Audio Effects" as it's called in the app) in spotify is essentially just a link to the Equalizer built into the ROM, if (as found in some Samsung & HTC devices) the EQ control is missing from the Android Settings then there is nothing for the Spotifty to link to, as such it will remove the option.

If this is the case you need to install an app such as ViPER4android FX (which is what I use), or Equalizer and the option will appear in the Spotify app. Clicking on it will take you to the EQ app where you can control the settings.

Android Troubleshooting:

Owwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww..... This ViperAudio is awesome!!!!

The sound is perfectly now!!! And it has many customizations....

Thanks for the tip, me device is a Samsung and it has Equalizer per default, but when i enable Equalizer the volume downs a lot, with vipers the sound equalizes and the volume not down, like PowerAMP equalizer...

Now its perfectly, thank God i have root on my device.....

Problem solved.

Yeah, it's a really good app. The official thread on XDA has some tips for using it:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2191223

It's very powerful, and highly customisable... so may not be for the user that wants basic EQ settings. However if you are more advanced and a bit of an audiophile then it's perfect!

Android Troubleshooting:

Hello,

I once used spotify, then i went over to powerAMP. I'm going back to spotify premium.

Rright now i am used to giving my music some boost like powerAMP does.

I installed VIPER4android FX, but it doesn't work at all. I allready know that i need a root to get this all worked out.

Can you, or anyone els tell me wich root (a stable one) i need. I have a Samsung Galaxy S5.

Tristan

Suggested posts