[Android] Home page of Spotify turned into vertical view on Android

[Android] Home page of Spotify turned into vertical view on Android

Alex

Hey folks,

We've received reports that the Home Screen on the app where tabs like "Jump back in" "More Like", "Popular new release", "Recommended for you", etc which can be scrolled sideways (horizontal) are now displayed vertically on Android devices. This is being investigated.

Cheers!

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“With freedom, flowers, books, and the moon, who could not be perfectly happy?” ― Oscar Wilde
69 Replies

TSFBleach
Casual Listener

Hello, I am having the exact same issue with everything you described including my pc showing my phone as "Android" instead of my phone which is a Samsung galaxy S20 Ultra,  if you find a fix for this please update this thread so I can fix mines as well, hopefully something happens soon.

Mazalex
Regular

Plan

Premium

Country

Russia

Device

Galaxy Note 10+

Operating SystemA

AndroidOreo

My Question or Issue

Just look how they massacred my boi. I remember signing up for a PC beta, instead I've received this on my phone for some reason. The layout is absolutely degenerative. Instead of a wide selection of artists/playlist, now I have to scroll the main paige for ages to find at least something. None of my friends recieved the same update, and for the first time in my life there is nothing to flex about. I hope this is at least reversable, otherwise the main screen is just garbage and a path to search/artists menu..

Screenshot_20210609-201635_Spotify.jpg
Screenshot_20210609-203415_Spotify.jpg

CarlosE

Hey @GSYC and @TSFBleach,

Thanks for your replies.

Regarding the vertical view in the mobile app, can you check if you have any optimization or battery saving settings enabled in your phone for Spotify? If so, try disabling them to see if that makes any difference.

Also, could you let us know if you've made any changes to the font size or accessibility settings on your phones?

On another note, regarding the mobile device being listed as ''Android'' in the Connect list, this is currently being investigated. We suggest adding your +Vote and the required info to this Ongoing Issue thread about it.

Keep us posted.

CarlosEModerator

GSYC
Music Fan

The car mode thing didnt work

GSYC
Music Fan
No, there is nothing out of the ordinary.

CarlosE

Hi @GSYC,

Thanks for your quick reply.

Can you let us know when this started happening and if it was after a specific event, such as an app or OS update?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

CarlosEModerator

GSYC
Music Fan

It was on a Tuesday, 10-11am, my Spotify was in landscape view, and then when I turned it to portrait view, that's when I noticed it. I cannot remember updating or anything because Spotify tends to auto-update without me knowing until I open the app.

Mazalex
Regular

Any feedback from someone close to the developers would be immensely appreciated...

TSFBleach
Casual Listener

Nothing is out of the ordinary, i tried disabling battery saver and there was no difference, i have also made no visibility setting changes 

Jeremy

Hey folks,

Thanks for reporting this to us.

First, we'd recommend trying a clean reinstall of the app on your device by following the steps here.

If after that you’re still having trouble with this, could you provide us with the following info:

• device + OS version
  • exact Spotify version
  • when this started to happen
  • country

Once we have that, we will pass it on to the relevant team, who will look further into it.

Thanks!

JeremyModerator
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

GSYC
Music Fan

@Jeremy 

Device name: Samsung Galaxy A51

Android version: Android 11

Spotify version: 8.6.32.925

Jun 8 2021, 10-11am

Singapore

Mazalex
Regular

The clean reinstall also didn't work. Removed the app both from android and PC. Rebooting device did not help either. I'm glad that I'm at least not the only one with this problem... Might it be an a/b testing? Hopefully this will never be implemented, looks like something you'd design for a smartwatch...

Mazalex
Regular

@Jeremy 

Device name: Samsung Galaxy Note 10+

Android version: Android 11

Spotify version: 8.6.32.925

Jun 8 2021, was totally fine in the morning and got into this view by the evening

Russia

Doubleb
Casual Listener

I am facing the same problem.. 

Device -android 8.1.0

Plan - premium (individual) 

Country -india 

KingCaesar001
Visitor

Just hopped on Spotify not two hours ago and noticed that the UI is drastically different in an extremely negative way. I don't pay this amount of money every month to not be able to easily access what I want to listen to and what I have listened to. The giant boxes with random playlists is wholly unnecessary. I want suggested music, recently played, and my podcasts back in a linear and horizontally ordered manner. This one way scroll is absolutely atrocious and I'm going to be considering taking my money elsewhere. I assume the developers at Spotify just don't care about the consumer at this point. Utterly awful.

Meldanorama
Casual Listener

Plan

Premium

Country

Ireland

Device

OnePlus Nord

Operating System

Android 11

My Question or Issue

Homescreen completely changed. Spent over an hour with web support. Tried using another account and that looks fine, free account looks fine. Tried the full clearing cache and data, then reinstall after waiting. How do I get off the view I have to the old one with suggestions, playlists, podcasts etc grouped together, I can only see three at a time now or two and two halves.

Screenshot_20210610-232005.jpg

MouseTheBig
Visitor

The new vertical scroll style update to the home tab is just awful. Please stop and revert it back to what it was previously, or give users the option to choose what style they prefer please.

Jak7874
Visitor

The latest update has totally ruined the home screen on mobile.

When scrolling through the list, each heading only lists a single item where it used to list multiple. 

E.g. the New Releases For You section used to show a list of new releases. Now it seemingly picks a random item from that list and only shows me that one. This was a huge feature for me and helps me keep track of new music from artists I listen to. 

This needs fixing. This is a huge part of the app for me, and presumably many others. If discovery doesn't get fixed I'll be forced to use a competitor.

Micromanxd
Visitor

Absolutely agree this update has made the front page completely unusable

Mazalex
Regular

Eyyyy! A second clean reinstall with both my phone and pc did help! I guess one has to log into the account firat on the device, and then on the PC. It feels so great to have a properly working mainscreen again!

SUGGESTED POSTS