Premium

Country

Germany

Device

(Samsung Galaxy S5 Neo

Operating System

Android 6.0.1

My Question or Issue

Spotify will load the home screen and crash instantly afterwards. I'm seeing similar complaints due to the recent update. Is this a known issue?

What I tried:

• Device restart
  • Clear cache  (with android settings)
  • Clear data
  • Reinstall Spotify

No changes.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

It turns out the home menu was trying to load some element which caused the crashed.

Im not sure why an uninstall and cache flush didn't fix it, but if this happens to you, use the moment between the three buttons on the bottom loading and the home screen loading up to spam the search button, which will change the scene. Going back to home should be fine now.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Hi there @GuardianAngel02,

Thank you for your post here in the Community.

Can you confirm that you followed the steps that's provided in this article? There's some more steps to help thoroughly uninstall the app from your phone so if you haven't, we'd highly suggest it since the steps will make sure there's no old cache files causing this.

If you have an SD card we suggest that you uninstall the app > turn off your phone > take out your SD card > turn on the phone again (without the SD card) > reinstall the app since the card can be corrupted.

Let us know how it goes.

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂
Marked as solution

It turns out the home menu was trying to load some element which caused the crashed.

Im not sure why an uninstall and cache flush didn't fix it, but if this happens to you, use the moment between the three buttons on the bottom loading and the home screen loading up to spam the search button, which will change the scene. Going back to home should be fine now.

Hey @GuardianAngel02,

We're glad to hear that it was sorted out and thanks for sharing what worked for you, as it may be of help for other users too. 

Get back to us if there's anything else we can help with.

Have a great day 🙂

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Suggested posts