Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android Lollipop - Lock Screen Controls Not Available

Solved!

Android Lollipop - Lock Screen Controls Not Available

Hi,

After upgrading to Android Lollipop the lock screen controls are no longer available unless notifications with sensitive information are enabled.  This effects all applications so obviously isn't a preferred option.  Unless this is enabled the lock screen only shows a notification from Spotify and states sensitive information has been hidden (no controls are available).

Can Spotify please advise when a new release with this fix will be available?  This is a major issue for some users as functionality and user experience has significantly diminished.  I'm surprised Spotify hadn't fixed this pre-release of Lollipop as developer previews of Lollipop have been available for months.

Thanks

Tim Douglas

83 Replies

the widget resizes though the next time, how do you keep the widget expanded in lockscreen?

also, this isnt a fix. Surely spotify can develop a method of adding a widget into the lockscreen 'without' it being a notification? 

Why should i have to change my phones privacy settings to be able to use the product whilst its locked? this makes no sense, ok, we can blame android for the changes but its upto software devs to be ahead of the game. I will stick to unlocking it, i would rather not have my notifications hijack my lock screen thanks very much. 

Vote for these... go on... you never know someone may be using the Kudos somewhere 🙂

Add a Queue Button Next to the Play Button
https://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Queue-Button-Next-to-the-Play-Button/idi-p/751477

Virgin Media Tivo Update
http://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Other-Partner-Devices/virgin-media-TiVo-app-out-of-date-and-not-meeting-potential/m-p/765453#M10930

Album Art – Tap for Menu
http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Bring-back-Touch-on-album-art-opens-the-menu-iOS/idc-p/766255#M47620

andedrunkard, my friend, it's a security feature and it's not at all difficult to change your settings if you follow my previous instructions. Spotify is, without a shadow of a doubt, the best Music app out there, and the developers are definitely ahead of the game. That's why I use it and that's why you use it!

It is safer and more convenient for everybody if the security defaults are set across the board for all users and those such as myself and yourself simply change a setting in order for the app to suit us.

Now I'm actually slightly confused. You say that you shouldn't "have" to change your phone's privacy settings just so you can use the app whilst your handset it locked... then on the other hand you say you'd rather not have your notifications hijack your lock screen... this seems like a contradiction to me. Could you please clarify?

Thanks very much 👍

To clarify, for what its worth, I have moved to rdio now and their widget appears in lock screen regardless of this 'feature ' u refer to on android.

I get where you are coming from and maybe I'm being irrational but basically, if your phone locks whilst listening to tracks I would like to be able to control the music still. My comment 're. Notifications is that I don't want all my apps like messages etc to suddenly ping up on my screen. Your solution did work but I moved to rdio now. It has all the features you'd expect and more are so im sorry I don't agree with your analysis that spotify are amazing, it can't even cast to chromecast, I won't bore you with more moans but it just frustrated me spotify, compared to on rdio and loving it.

All I suggest is you consider testing other apps out yourself and maybe you will understand my view but equally that's all it is... My view and we are all entitled to different views 🙂 best wishes.
Vote for these... go on... you never know someone may be using the Kudos somewhere 🙂

Add a Queue Button Next to the Play Button
https://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Queue-Button-Next-to-the-Play-Button/idi-p/751477

Virgin Media Tivo Update
http://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Other-Partner-Devices/virgin-media-TiVo-app-out-of-date-and-not-meeting-potential/m-p/765453#M10930

Album Art – Tap for Menu
http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Bring-back-Touch-on-album-art-opens-the-menu-iOS/idc-p/766255#M47620

Thank you for your suggestion. I downloaded rdio and I have to say it sucks pretty bad. Chromecast feature is nice, I guess... if you wish to watch your music on your TV :S but otherwise, it just doesn't touch Spotify.

It really doesn't matter, however, you are entitled to your opinion 🙂 you can continue loving life without Spotify, and I will continue to love life with it. This way - we are both happy!

Have fun!

Just downloaded next lock screen from the Microsoft Corporation on Google play and it fixed everything for me

Yeah I have to agree that the configuration of the Spotify controls on the lock screen blows now. I used to be able to have a lock screen that was dedicated to Spotify with big buttons (surrounded by full screen album art) that were easy to control while driving . Now I have this puny little notification bar amongst others cluttering up my lock screen and I have to ever so carefully attempt to drag it down to get full controls like rewind. Why have these complicated workarounds when Spotify should just recognize that a decent proportion of their user base is not satisfied by having a little tiny notification as the new normal for controlling the Spotify app from the lock screen and fix it. Does this mean working with Android developers? Maybe but that's not my problem. Just do something to make your paying customers like myself satisfied customers as well. What a novel concept.

I don't know who you are but tnx a million. You just helped a guy solve android's biggest problem😁😭😍

I don't know how to get the screenshot up here. But it says version 4.0.0.800 before and after reinstalled an still not working.

My device is Sony Z1

Thnx

Are you kidding? They keep REMOVING features.

I just upgraded to a note 5 and I no longer get persistent controls in the notification area.

I'm canceling my service. This company is one of the worst I've ever seen. It's too bad too because, the library and the ability to listen to select music is really nice. Oh well. Good bye.

This solve my issue! Thanks.
Marked as solution

In addition to the above you must allow notifications on the lock screen through the security settings.

Settings > Lockscreen & Security > Notifications
Marked as solution

Sound and notifications>app notifications, select spotify>disable "sensitive notifications".
(Leave all Spotify notifications disabled).

Yeah no **bleep** dip**bleep**!!! I wrote you that message like 5 months ago and now you suddently now decided i need Your help…?

No thank you i already got help from someone who was in my shoes. Thank you for nothing **bleep**…

Omg i am so sorry for that. I though it was Android themselves who replyed to me…
Please don’t take it personal what i wrote just seconds ago. I should have seen the name of the poster. Again i am so sorry.
That was meant for the Android team and Spotify.
I thank you for trying to help me. Even if you’re late you gave me correct information.
Have a pleasant day 💗 💗 💗
Again so sorry ☹ ☹ ☹

Settings > Sounds & Notifications > Notification > While Locked > keep notifications on lock screen
Turn that on.

Download the "next" app by microsoft - you can play and skip tracks from your lock screen. It kind of adds another lock screen to your phone which isnt ideal but at least you can change the track now! ive found it a small inconvience  🙂

You may also try musixmatch 😃 however, it requires internet connect to use the lockscreen button.. See attachment Screenshot_2016-04-27-04-25-50.png

Thank uuuu simple and ut worked, I have read countless useless comments before that one! People go way to far..

Thanks! This worked for me. On my MotoX.

THANKS! 😄 Worked! 😄

Suggested posts