Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Android][Other] Switching to speaker while headphones are plugged in

[Android][Other] Switching to speaker while headphones are plugged in

Hey! I've had an issue with my phone where it always detects that my headphones are plugged in even when they actually aren't. So because of this when I'd like to listen to music using the speakers of the phone, I'm not able to. I thought that there could be a feature like the FM radio app has (at least my phone has this), where while you are listening to the radio, you can just switch to speakers even while headphones are plugged in so the sound plays through there.

5 Replies

Hey @tonicka ,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community.

Regarding the issue you mentioned, have you already try a clean reinstall of the app on your Android device together with double-checking the device's operating system is updated to the latest version? If you haven't, give it a shot. Might do the trick in this case 🙂

Regarding your suggestion, feel free to submit a separate idea and make sure sure you follow these guidelines.

Cheers!

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I just factory reset my phone and reinstalled the app and the problem still stands. If I recall correctly, this has something to do with the phone's software (MIUI), that's why I'm asking for this feature. I'm sure I'm not the only one who has this same exact problem.

Hey @tonicka,

Thanks for getting back to us 🙂

In this case we'd suggest you get in touch with the manufacturer. The folks there can give you more information about it. It's also a good idea to check if there are updates for the phone system.

As @Mario suggested, you can also give these steps a go and create an idea. That way other users can also support it.

If you have questions, don't hesitate to reach out to us. We'll be happy to help. 

Ver Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Oh I missed that in the first message, I wanted to submit this as an idea from the get-go but somehow ended up here, thanks for the help anyways and sorry for the inconvenience!

Hey there @tonicka,

No worries 🙂 

We're always one reply away if you have any questions. We're happy to help.

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Suggested posts