Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Android][Podcasts] Allow to mark podcasts for wi-fi download

Solved!

[Android][Podcasts] Allow to mark podcasts for wi-fi download

It's possible to mark songs for downloading, and if you're not connected to wi-fi, Spotify will download them later.

But for podcasts, that's not currently possible.   When I try to download a podcast while not connected to wi-fi, Spotify tells me I need to allow downloading via cellular.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @ora12,

Thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange!

Could you first try a clean reinstall of the app on your phone and see if that fixes things?

If that doesn't work, could you send us some screenshots showing the difference in behaviour you're seeing on your end between music and podcasts?

Thanks! Keep us posted.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Marked as solution

Hey @ora12,

Thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange!

Could you first try a clean reinstall of the app on your phone and see if that fixes things?

If that doesn't work, could you send us some screenshots showing the difference in behaviour you're seeing on your end between music and podcasts?

Thanks! Keep us posted.

Hi @Peter and thanks!  A clean reinstall solved the issue

Hey @ora12 - glad to hear it!

Let us know if there's anything else.

Take care for now 🙂

Hi again, I found what my problem was.

If a podcast is in a playlist, I can click 'download' and it will download whenever the device connects to wi-fi.

If the podcast is under the 'podcast' tab, and I click 'download', it will download only if the device is currently connected to wi-fi.

Suggested posts