Premium

Country

Philippines

Device

Galaxy Note 10+

Operating System

Android 12 OneUI 4.1

The issue

While using the main application for spotify my playlists wouldn't play. I've tried restarting the phone, reinstalling the app, even resetting my network settings. Every other device works fine except for my Android Phone. 

I've now installed Spotify Lite and it,s working properly minus the other features on the main app.

Please help.

7 Replies

Hey @kldmcrg,

Thanks for reaching out. This sounds a bit odd and we'll do our best to help you out here. 

What exactly do you mean by playlists wouldn't play? Are they not starting at all or they just stop at some point? 

You can also try performing a clean reinstall of the Spotify app with the steps here.

If this doesn't work for you please provide us with quick video or a screenshot of what you are seeing so we can get a better idea of what is happening.

We have received a few other reports about users not being able to play music on Android devices and we're currently looking further into two separate issues with playback.

Thank you!

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi Elena

Thank you for your response.

I tried clean reinstalling and it didn't solve the issue. It won't start playing music and sometimes it plays part of the songs plays then stops. I attached a screen recording for more reference. The songs are just stuck in 0:00

Link

https://1drv.ms/v/s!AkutflJxMYD8hpFZrV9DX60lAtzSwQ

Thank you.

Hey there @kldmcrg

Thanks for your reply. 

We're afraid we couldn't open the link you've sent because of security reasons. Could you try again?  You can attach it to your next response by using the Insert Video option in the post editor. You can also upload it to Google Drive and share the link with us (make sure the video has the permissions for anyone to see it).

On another note, would you mind letting us know if the same happens if you use a different internet connection?

Keep us posted. 

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Hi Good Day,

Here is the link via google drive:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1PSlR33KmkPG-c3oXFlVFqpUx7a7jJ-fy/view?usp=sharing

I've already tried using different internet connections and providers and I've also tried using my mobile data 

Hey @kldmcrg

Thanks for getting back to us. 

We see that you're streaming on another device. Just to confirm, is this only happening when you're using Connect or also when listening directly on the phone?

Keep us posted.

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Hi,

This only happens when I'm streaming on my android device. I was first streaming on my laptop then switched to my phone, the music immediately stops and I can't stream any music anymore.

Hey @kldmcrg,

Thanks for the reply.

Does the playback work, when only your phone, without the PC, is involved?

If it doesn't work like that and behaves as described (playback bar freezes and no sound is heard), then this most probably is this issue, that we're currently investigating. You can leave a vote in this thread and subscribe to it, so you can get notified, when a development occurs.

Hope this helps,

Cheers!

DianModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Suggested posts