Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Playback stops on mobile devices. Progress bar stays at 0:00.

Hey folks!

We're getting reports from both Android and iOS users about the app stopping audio playback. This usually occurs after successfully playing 1-3 tracks without issues.

We wanted to let you know that this is being investigated and we'll keep you posted on how it goes in this thread!

Hey folks,

Thank you for reporting this issue to us and sharing your troubleshooting info with the Community!

We just wanted to let you know that the right folks are looking into this.

We're not able to provide an exact timeline for a fix, but we'd recommend always keeping your Spotify app up to date to ensure you're on the latest version.

Thanks again!

Comments
SpinSpace

Plan

Premium Trial/First month

Country

Device

Xiaomi Redmi note 11

Operating System

Android 11

My Question or Issue

After the last update of the android app (8.7.48.1062), it basically doesn't play any songs. When I open the app and choose a song sometimes it starts to play, but after that if I choose another song, player just freezes. Progress bar is not moving, timer is on 0:00 and I can't hear anything. Meanwhile,  interface works just fine, app doesn't crash or anything. I think I've tried every possible solution: logout/login, cleared app cache/other data, reinstalled the app multiple times. Also I don't think it's about connection because I've tried different mobile data providers and different wifis also different headphones. I have plenty of storage available on phone. Nothing seems to help

SpinSpace

Update: I've downloaded apks of different versions of the app and the version which works fine for me is 8.7.38.670, no issues at all, but it's still frustrating that I can't use the latest version.

yqsxkeum682itpbjgqc3

Have the same issue. Just cant use the app.
Android 12

Dian

Hey @SpinSpace,

Thanks for posting in the Community.

Have you previously used a Spotify version downloaded from the Google Play store?

Do you mind testing a different account on your device with the latest official version of the app and preparing a short screen recording of the behavior?

Let us know how that went,

Cheers!

MrNihad

Hi, it doesnt help. What is the issue? Please, help to fix problem.

AnnieKate

Something similar happens to me, I'm a free plan and it started with the personalized mixes I gave it to play and only the first song was played and I had to give it next to advance to the next song and now it happens with other playlists that I have to give next to continue the next song and don't stay on the first one after clicking on the first one it advances and another thing is that when advancing to the next song it is in order of how it is observed even though it should be random since the play button is with a random symbol.

eeri

Plan

Premium 

Country

Nigeria 

Device

Tecno spark 7p

Operating System

Android 

My Question or Issue

My Spotify stopped working a week ago... I open the app it plays the first two songs and when I try to move on to the next song, it hangs and doesn't play anymore. And nothing works until I give it few minutes and get back and the cycle repeats. I have Uninstalled and reinstalled countless of times, done clean reinstallation, cleared cache, rebooted both phone and network. Nothing works!!! Tried installing Spotify lite, guess what, still the same even on there. It's awful right now. I need help please, I just subscribed to the premium account. 

Mar_vet

Having exactly the same issue on my motorola g51 5g (Android)... Premium user too 

eeri

Gosh what is going on? What could be wrong. It was working just few weeks ago and then suddenly this. 

AmeDac

Plan

Premium

Country

U.A.E.

Device

Samsung Galaxy S21

Operating System

Android latest

My Question or Issue

This issue has popped out around one week ago and is now present systematically. After a few songs are played from either an album or a playlist, playback stops on next track change. Timer remains to 0:00 and moving the slider does not help, nor moving to any other track. Only downloaded tracks work. App is not stuck but nothing plays.

I have tried a clean reinstall, I have removed battery optimization and data saver option. Issue is still there.

Only thing I can do when this issue pops out is to go on android app settings and "Force Stop". Reopening the app, the track starts regularly. But once again, after 3-4 tracks the problem is there again.