Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android Version Problems

Android Version Problems

I have two annoying problems with Spotify for Android:

• I pause music and after a couple of minutes, the widget in my lock screen disappears. I have to unlock the phone and go to my notification area to unpause music.
  • I pause music and after more minutes, Spotify closes completely. When I open it, it doesn't show the last song being played. So I have to navigate until find it.

I can't believe that Spotify doesn't achieve this basic features.

I have a Motorola Moto G (XT1063) with Android 4.4.4

Hope someone can help!

5 Replies

Please read the guide linked below for details on the most common issues and how to fix them. Usually a clean install is the first step to take and resolves most of the usual issues; the guide details the steps to take to ensure a full 'clean installation' is achieved - This includes checking redundant folders and a REBOOT!

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

I did exactly as told: Uninstalled Spotify, deleted folders, restarted phone and reinstalled Spotify.

But both problems I commented still persists. Now with the new version of Spotify (2.8.0.1081). Both problems occurs when I'm in offline mode (out of home). When I'm home, I use it mostly from my computer, and control it with the phone, that works ok.

I think I know what the problem is: Internet connection.

When I start Spotify without an internet connection, it looses what I was listening before!

It shouldn't be like that.

as a workaround you can download albums/playlist and put spotify in offline mode in spotify settings - then internet connection shouldn't be needed to 'remember' what you were listening before.

I did it, but the problem persists. After a complete workday, when I open
again Spotify (being in offline mode), it doesn't remember my last song.

Suggested posts