Premium

Country

Brazil

Device

Samsung Galaxy S9+ (Snapdragon)

Operating System

Android 8.0

My Question or Issue

I selected some Playlists to play offline, but, the Download rate are very very slow, and sometimes get stuck in 0% and can't go any further.

I tried to remove and install app again, install it using the tips in another post here (cleaning the cache),  tried to change to Internal or External storage location, tried to use Mobile Data (4G+) that in my location is capable to archieve almost 100mb/s, and nothing seems to solve this issue.

It appears that Spotify servers are overloaded or are doing traffic shaping to save servers resources. 

I don't know why, but, about 3 days ago the download speeds were much more faster, and after I removed the app and installed it again the download speeds seems to be very slow nowdays. 

Have someone experiencing the same issues?

9 Replies

I have the same issue. My phone its a galaxy J7 pro. Press download to my playlist and the only thing the app do its waiting to download in wifi or 4g+. 

Screenshot_20180822-225934.png

I have the same problem. Using a Moto G4 Play Edition. 

I download one song, but the it stops and nothing happens. I force quit the app and restart it. And download one song and then it stops and nothing happens and so on.  Since I use a pre-paid service, having an offline phone list is essetial to me and a big reason for me to pay for Premium. 

It's really annoying.

I mitigate the issue going to my account and removed all devices listed there.

The downloads start to flow and I was able to sync all my playlists.

Spotify is a greater music platform, but some issues led me to think to switch to Google Play Music.

If Google Play Music improves user interface just a bit... Man, I switch without thinking twice!

Just tried it and it didn't help. Thanks anyway.

I downgraded to 8.0.0.805 armV7 and now it seems to work as expected. 

So, it seems to be a issue in the newer versions?

If anyone else could test it it will be nice.

For me, after 3 days all files was downloaded, but if I reset the Phone it probably will took another 3 days to download everything!

Att,

Seems like it, yes. 

Here's a link to the version I'm using: https://www.dropbox.com/s/73fkrjkqm4bia44/spotify-8-0-0-805.apk?dl=0

I didn't switch over to older version: after a couple of hours all files were downloaded sucessfuly. 

Same issue, seems to be Spotify having problem downloading using full phone data bandwidth. 

If I connect to home WIFI, the download is speedy. But my phone data plan is fast and having 4G LTE, it shouldn't be that slow. For example, another game apps on phone download a Gb of patch data faster than Spotify download 20~ plus songs.

It feels like Spotify is being throttled when downloading using data plan.

Suggested posts