Plan

Student Premium

Country

USA

Device

Galaxy 9

Operating System

Android

Liking individuals songs will add it to "Liked Songs" but if I try and save an album it won't add it to liked songs. Even if I go to the album unlike and relike each individual song it will still not add the songs to "Liked Songs". Once I have saved an album there is no way for me to also add them to "Liked Songs". I want to be able to listen to all my music like I was able to do before the removed the "Songs" tab from the mobile app. I don't want to have to create a playlist and add each song and album again after I already have them in my library. This feature is completely ridiculous and broken.

23 Replies

Re: Songs not being added to my "liked Songs"

alexandrmountn

I have the same issue :grinning_face_with_sweat:

Hey @Cuarke and @alexandrmountn,

Thanks for reaching out to us about this.

When you add an album to Your Library, it will appear under Albums. If you like each individual track in the album, they should then be saved in the Liked Songs folder under Playlists.

If that isn't working correctly for you, do you mind trying a quick clean reinstall and seeing if that solves it for you?

Let us know how it goes!

PeterModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

bluetreesky

Hello,

I also have the same issue.

I’ve liked the song and I search it up in my likes music and it does not show up.

I tried adding it to my playing and seeing it It will pop up in my liked playlist but it is not there.

Ive tried liking and unliking many times.

thanks 

Lucanay

Checklistrobot

So if I want to listen to all my songs on shuffle now it won’t include songs that I’ve liked when liking an album as one? Do I have to like each song individually or just listen to that one album at a time with no chance to shuffle it with everything else?

Unless I’m missing something, this is **bleep**. 

also just checked the albums tab, it says none of them are downloaded but if i click on the album all the tracks are and i have to click the download tab again for the green arrow to show up in my library.

Not the best update. 

orenbj
Casual Listener

Seriously, who thought this was a good idea at Spotify? Without the logical connection between Artist-Album-Song we no longer have a personal music library. This makes no sense. You should have just made a playlist called "Liked Songs" alongside the existing music library. Absolutely ludicrous decision by Spotify.

joeyATL

Can you please fix this?? Again, if you click "save" on a whole album it should be added to your songs list (and therefore your liked songs playlist they just created). Some of us still like having whole albums in our libraries. Please fix this!

zkdlfmaos
Casual Listener

who the heck thought that putting LIKED ALBUMS and LIKED SONGS in two seperate categories is a GREAT idea????

I thought that my spotify is freaked up or something when I CLEARLY downloaded the whole album but it didn't show up on the liked songs.

I guess this is the most **bleep**ed update on top of changing app icon update

dgresch
Casual Listener

Let's get this straight. Let's say I want to shuffle all my songs. And I want new songs included in that shuffle. I now have to click 10-30 times every time I find a new album I like to get them into that shuffle?

What's the alternative, shuffling entire albums? Maybe I'm missing something here.

Who thought that inconveniencing your customers was a good idea? Why fix something that isn't broken?

Darren

SUGGESTED POSTS