Plan

Student Premium

Country

USA

Device

Galaxy 9

Operating System

Android

Liking individuals songs will add it to "Liked Songs" but if I try and save an album it won't add it to liked songs. Even if I go to the album unlike and relike each individual song it will still not add the songs to "Liked Songs". Once I have saved an album there is no way for me to also add them to "Liked Songs". I want to be able to listen to all my music like I was able to do before the removed the "Songs" tab from the mobile app. I don't want to have to create a playlist and add each song and album again after I already have them in my library. This feature is completely ridiculous and broken.

27 Replies

Every update makes Spotify a worse app.  First they removed "Liked From Radio" and dislike buttons which virtually rendered their radio feature useless.

Now, if you "Like" an album, it doesn't download.  You have to go into the album and hit "download" despite it being in your "Albums."  Then if you want those songs in "Liked Songs" and only have your mobile device, you have to play each song and hit the Heart icon which is only visible when the "Now Playing" song is minimized.... it all makes perfect sense....

"Fixing" something that wasn't broken which in turn makes the app completely combursome and unintuitive has been Spotify's modus operandi for the past couple years now.  It's getting really hard to stick with this streaming service.  I'm constantly annoyed by the interface.

This is a ridiculous change going against all usability best practices. Why are you so intent on ruining a great app?

Well it's "nice" to finally find out why this (what I had assumed to be was a) bug is occurring: it's not a bug, it's a feature!

Just adding my voice to the people disappointed by this change in expected behaviour. I'm honestly not sure why you don't just simply have a "Download All Saved Albums" option in the settings. Effectively, that's what "My Liked Songs" playlist was for most people, though it was clearly never intended that way.

The really odd thing about this decision is that it has directly reduced my usage of your app; I guess with a SaaS model that doesn't really matter, but as someone who first began using Spotify in the beta I never thought I would be considering moving to another service. Increasingly, I now am. I think Discover Weekly was the last truly great new feature; every other change has largely reduced the features I used...

Why isn't it assumed that if I LIKE and album, I also LIKE all the songs?  A little redundant to have to like the songs individually. They all should be added to my liked songs when I like an album - like it functioned before the update. 🤯

@moderator I tried reinstalling the app like you suggested and I am still having the same issue. It is very frustrating not being able to listen to ALL the songs I've downloaded offline simply by pressing shuffle. Why did it cap at 2230 songs?

I've joined tidal. 5328 songs and I can shuffle them all. Spotify need to
listen to their customers rather than making podcasts their main priority.
Marked as solution

Hey folks,

We appreciate your feedback about saving songs to Your Library!

As mentioned already, when you add an album to Your Library, it will now appear under Albums.

In order to save the individual songs from an entire album, you can do the following:

• On mobile, tap on the three dots followed by "Like all songs"
  • On desktop, select all songs (Ctrl/Cmd + A), right-click and select "Save to your Liked Songs"

If you'd like to provide further feedback on this, the best way to go about it is via the Idea Exchange - make sure to check out this Spotify Answer for more info.

Thanks!

Suggested posts