Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • hnavia
  • Regular
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Problems Spotify after Android update

Hi everybody! After the last total (Android) update on my Huawei P20 Lite, I have several issues with my spotify premium. At first, it did not start at all, leaving me with a black screen and then totally shutting down Spotify while trying to open it...

• Visitor
  • Hi everybody! After the last total (Android) update on my Huawei P20 Lite, I have several issues with my spotify premium. At first, it did not start at all, leaving me with a black screen and then to...
  • Petya
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Android
    emui
    huawei
    Huawei P20
    Update
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Waiting to Download

Everytime I leave wifi, my phone says 'waiting to download'. It also deletes random songs, which it then redownloads when I go back to wifi. PlanPremiumCountryUKDeviceSamsung Galaxy S9+Operating SystemAndroid

• Visitor
  • Everytime I leave wifi, my phone says 'waiting to download'. It also deletes random songs, which it then redownloads when I go back to wifi.   Plan Premium Country UK Device Samsung Galax...
  • Petya
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution music stop from no where

i play songs and after sometime its stop and when i touching the phone its strat working and then stop again then i another time touchingthe phone and its stars to plays again

• i play songs and after sometime its stop and when i touching the phone its strat working and then stop again then i another time touching the phone and its stars to plays again  
  • Petya
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Downloaded songs turning to not downloaded upon restart. Broken cache.

Hi, I have a theory that I found a bug/error because it happened to me for the 3rd time already.So, I was using Spotify then I restart my phone (other app recommendation) without turning off Spotify. After restarting the phone, I stumble upon my down...

• Music Fan
  • Hi,   I have a theory that I found a bug/error because it happened to me for the 3rd time already. So, I was using Spotify then I restart my phone (other app recommendation) without turning o...
  • Atexor
  • Music Fan
  • 9 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 1 likes

Cannot add album to homescreen of phone

PlanPremiumCountryUKDeviceOnePlus 6tOperating SystemAndroid 9 Pie My Question or IssueAndroid app has just updated and can't find the feature to add an album or playlist to the homescreen of the phoneHas it been removed? Thanks

• Plan Premium Country UK Device OnePlus 6t Operating System Android 9 Pie   My Question or Issue Android app has just updated and can't find the feature to add an album or playlist to t...
  • osornios
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 5 likes

Buggy Behind the Lyrics

Behind the lyrics bar blocks the creator of canvas on android 9 samsung galaxy a7 2018

Screenshot_20190929-012231_Spotify.jpg
  • Visitor
  • Behind the lyrics bar blocks the creator of canvas on android 9 samsung galaxy a7 2018  
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify stops after the first song or jumps back to it and then stops.

PlanPremium FamilyDeviceSony Xperia XZ1 CompactOperating SystemAndroid PieMy Question or IssueHej!I have the problem that sometimes when I try to play an album in the app it just stops after the first song. If I select a random song of the album to b...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Family Device Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact Operating System Android Pie My Question or Issue Hej! I have the problem that sometimes when I try to play an album in the app it just stop...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

how to reset connect devices

how to reset connect devices without reinstalling spoity? 

• Music Fan
  • how to reset connect devices without reinstalling spoity?  
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

desktop

Spoiler (Highlight to read)My problem - Spotify on a Pixel phone, doesn't work after switching to the desktop. When the screen is off, it will run normally, in the background and after switching to another application it's also everything OK. Only if...

• Visitor
  •   My problem - Spotify on a Pixel phone, doesn't work after switching to the desktop. When the screen is off, it will run normally, in the background and after switching to another application ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify app no longer shows Sonos speaker as an option

PlanPremiumCountryUKDeviceSamsung Galaxy S8Operating SystemAndroid 9 My Question or IssueMy Sonos Play 1 speaker no longer shows up as an output device in the "Connect to a device" screen on the Spotify app. I can use the Sonos app without a problem ...

• Roadie
  • Plan Premium Country UK Device Samsung Galaxy S8 Operating System Android 9   My Question or Issue My Sonos Play 1 speaker no longer shows up as an output device in the "Connect to a d...
  • DIEG00
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution like in notification window makes window disappear on android 10

PlanPremiumCountryDEDeviceGoogle Pixel 3Operating SystemAndroid 10 My Question or Issuewhen i tap the heart icon in the notification window, it makes the notification window disappear. however, when the next song starts playing it comes back.(just wa...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country DE Device Google Pixel 3 Operating System Android 10   My Question or Issue when i tap the heart icon in the notification window, it makes the notification window ...
  • olivrstal
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Can't turn Waze off

I don't use waze, before today I had no idea of what it was, and I certainly don't have it installed on my phone. But loading up Spotify on my phone, connected to my electric drumkit via bluetooth, its automatically decided that I'm driving a car and...

• Regular
  • I don't use waze, before today I had no idea of what it was, and I certainly don't have it installed on my phone. But loading up Spotify on my phone, connected to my electric drumkit via bluetooth, i...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

CAN'T PLAY LOCAL SONGS

PlanPremiumCountryTurkeyDeviceSamsung Galaxy 9Operating SystemAndroid My Question or IssueWhen I try to play a local song it says ''Spotify can't play this right now. If you have the file on your computer you can import it.'' It only plays one song f...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country Turkey Device Samsung Galaxy 9 Operating System Android   My Question or Issue When I try to play a local song it says ''Spotify can't play this right now. If you ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Daily Mix not working right

PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or IssueWhen I get to the end of my Daily Mixes songs continue playing but it wont let me see anymor...

• Visitor
  • Plan Free/Premium Country   Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System       (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Qu...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Google assistent intterupst when using headphones

Hey everyone, Im not able to listen to Spotify anymore with headphones. Whenever I play Spotify through headphones the Google Asisstant keeps popping up ready for me to ask a question . I can't listen to anything for more than a few seconds before it...

• Visitor
  • Hey everyone,   Im not able to listen to Spotify anymore with headphones.   Whenever I play Spotify through headphones the Google Asisstant keeps popping up ready for me to ask a questi...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Direct song links play random song from album

PlanPremiumCountryThe Netherlands DeviceOnePlus 3TOperating SystemAndroid Pie My Question or IssueWhen I currently share a song through the share function in Spotify and generate the open.spotify.com.track/ link, and I subsequently click this link I ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country The Netherlands   Device OnePlus 3T Operating System Android Pie   My Question or Issue When I currently share a song through the share function in Spotify...
  • bbqribs
  • Visitor
  • 1 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 4 likes

Multiple same songs from the same artist

PlanPremiumCountryMalaysiaDeviceAny deviceOperating SystemAll My Question or IssueWhy do i have multiple SAME songs from one artist? for example, i have 4 IDENTICAL 'STITICHES BY SHAWN MENDES' and many others... this then doubles my number of songs s...

• Plan Premium Country Malaysia Device Any device Operating System All   My Question or Issue Why do i have multiple SAME songs from one artist? for example, i have 4 IDENTICAL 'STITICHE...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

UK - Voice Control Spotify from Android Phone to skip songs (non-Alexa)

PlanPremiumCountryUK DeviceSamsung Galaxy 8+Operating SystemAndroid PIE My Question or IssueMy Spotify works fime with Alexa onto my Spotify enabled Yamaha Receiver, Denon HEOS soundbar, and normal Echo devices however ....I want to connect my phone ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country UK   Device Samsung Galaxy 8+ Operating System Android PIE   My Question or Issue My Spotify works fime with Alexa onto my Spotify enabled Yamaha Receiver,...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't view album cover full screen

PlanPremiumCountryUSDeviceGoogle Pixel 1Operating SystemAndroid 10 My Question or IssueI used to be able to click on an album to view it full screen. I'm not able to do that anymore. When I click in an album cover art, it doesn't do anything. See scr...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country US Device Google Pixel 1 Operating System Android 10   My Question or Issue I used to be able to click on an album to view it full screen. I'm not able to do that ...
  • 0 replies
  • 4 likes
  • album
    cover
    Cover Art
    Zoom
  • 0 replies
  • 4 likes

Track total for playlists

PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or IssueThe Android App no longer shows you the total number of tracks in your playlist. If you searc...

• Regular
  • Plan Free/Premium Country   Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue The And...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes