Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android Wear 2.0 app crashes phone app

Android Wear 2.0 app crashes phone app

When I select the Spotify app on my Moto 360 Sport, it crashes the app if it is running on my phone. I can control the music from the watch once the phone app is playing, but I can't launch Spotify from my watch. The phone is an LG G6. The watch app just says 'Connecting' with the loading icon, but nothing happens aside from the phone app crashing.

I've seen a few other posts complaining about similar things. This may be a duplicate, but it seems like it's an issue being ignored by Spotify so I'm posting again. If you're not gonna give us offline playback on the watch, at least have the existing app not crash on us...

5 Replies

I have the same issue. Just got my Ticwatch E and whenever I try and use the wear app it just crashes the app on my OnePlus 3T. 

The same on Ticwatch S..

I've been having this same issue on my ZTE Quartz and S8 Active for a while, too. I've reinstalled spotify on my watch and my phone and it has not changed anything.

Similar issue, only in my case with the Ticwatch S and OnePlus 3T. Says "connection failed" and crashes my phone app if it's open. 

Exact same issue on tikwatch E:

Spotify phone app works fine on it's own.

Open android wear Spotify app, it displays connecting.

Then switch over to or open phone app and the app loads but immediately crashes and closes.

Close the wear app then phone app loads fine

Suggested posts