Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android app does not start up

Solved!

Android app does not start up

Hello,

since a week or so, my spotify app on my phone will not start up. At least, it will start a black screen with the spotfy logo in the top left corner and then the app dies. I already tries reinstalling it a few times, but it does not make any difference.

Is there a way to figure out what is wrong or how can I fix it?

I have a spotify premium account, obviously, and a Samsung Galaxy Nexus, running Android 4.2.1. I have around 10GB storage available and I tried both mobile internet aswell as wifi. Also tried clearing the app cache and removing all its data. No luck.

what to do?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Have you tried the troubleshooting guide at the top of this forum? I think the clean install instructions in that will help as there is more to it than just a simple reinstall.

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Have you tried the troubleshooting guide at the top of this forum? I think the clean install instructions in that will help as there is more to it than just a simple reinstall.

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

I uninstalled it as the guide you mentioned said. Also installed ES File Explorer. I could not find any of the folders mentioned there. I did find however a MP3 in my downloads folder, which I removed. Then I shutdown my phone and took out the battery.

Then rebooted and installed Spotify, and voila, now it starts up!

So there are two possibilities:

- either i never rebooted right after uninstalling and before reinstalling and this fixed the problem, and for some reason it needs this

- spotify didnt like I had an MP3 in my downloads folder

The second option does not sound very plausible, but I never changed anything else to my phone or spotify, other then the normal updates. Maybe this info helps you guys to find the problem. At least my problem is fixed 😃

Thanks!

Suggested posts