Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • ThomasWYale
  • Visitor
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify offline play help

I love using spotify it has all my favorite artists are albums i love. So i decided to try the offline play option and download my playlists thru wifi. As i don't want to eat all my data therefore the reason to be able to listen to all my favorite mu...

• I love using spotify it has all my favorite artists are albums i love. So i decided to try the offline play option and download my playlists thru wifi. As i don't want to eat all my data therefore t...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Premium uphrade

I just upgraded to premium and while I think I have Premium on my desk top, the Android app still shows that I don't. it still has the shuffle play

• Casual Listener
  • I just upgraded to premium and while I think I have Premium on my desk top, the Android app still shows that I don't. it still has the shuffle play
  • blake
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Some songs play without sound

Hi all, I'm pretty new with spotify and I'd like your help with a problem. My spotify android app wont play some songs... that is: it says it's playing, but there is no sound. When I try to pause, it just stops and goes back to the beginning. When I ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi all,   I'm pretty new with spotify and I'd like your help with a problem. My spotify android app wont play some songs... that is: it says it's playing, but there is no sound. When I try t...
  • huddlestond
  • Regular
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Skipping and choosing song problem

Every time I skip a song it goes to the next song and it plays but I dont hear anything. I try turning up the volume and my phone freezes. After about 10 seconds my phone unfreezes and the song finally starts playing. It does the same thing when im c...

• Every time I skip a song it goes to the next song and it plays but I dont hear anything. I try turning up the volume and my phone freezes. After about 10 seconds my phone unfreezes and the song fina...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Why does my spotify keep re downloading my 'offline' songs every time I log on?

For some reason every time I open my spotify back up it has to re download my 'offline' songs can anyone help?

• Casual Listener
  • For some reason every time I open my spotify back up it has to re download my 'offline' songs can anyone help?
  • djones1991
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! One Playlist Missing From Android Device

About two weeks ago (maybe after an upgrade) one playlist disappeared from my Galaxy S III. I can see the list on my desktop and laptop and iPad but not on my Android smartphone. I unistalled Spotify, restarted the phone, and then reinstalled Spotify...

• Casual Listener
  • About two weeks ago (maybe after an upgrade) one playlist disappeared from my Galaxy S III.  I can see the list on my desktop and laptop and iPad but not on my Android smartphone.   &nbsp...
  • garycgreen
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! New Spotify tablet streaming does not work

Hello, spotify free works on my android phone. If I try to get it running on my tab it failed . I have access to my profile and see my lists. But I cannot get any of the songs started

• Regular
  • Hello,  spotify free works on my android phone. If I try to get it running on my tab it failed . I have access to my profile and see my lists. But I cannot get any of the songs started
  • jasimir
  • Regular
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Cant be this hard to play downloaded music in Airplane mode on my Android when it works on iPhone

So i have a Galaxy S3 and an iPhone 5s. I travael alot and dont always have an active connection. To combat this I download my primary playlilsts to my devices and then bring up Spotify when Im ready to relax with some music. Works absolutely fine on...

• Casual Listener
  • So i have a Galaxy S3 and an iPhone 5s.  I travael alot and dont always have an active connection.  To combat this I download my primary playlilsts to my devices and then bring up Spotify w...
  • mikeriz
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

No track time with bluetooth

Hello, I have a problem with Spotify on my Android phone (LG Nexus 5, Carbon Rom). When I listen music on my car (VW GOLF 2009) with the bluetooth module, my autoradio displays which is the song, artist and album but the track timeline is always bloc...

• Hello,   I have a problem with Spotify on my Android phone (LG Nexus 5, Carbon Rom).   When I listen music on my car (VW GOLF 2009) with the bluetooth module, my autoradio displays ...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Cannot install Android app on Galaxy S5

I am currently in South Korea and have a premium subscription. I got a new Galaxy S5 phone but the older version states it is not supported any longer and I cannot download the new one. How can I get the app back on my phone?

• I am currently in South Korea and have a premium subscription. I got a new Galaxy S5 phone but the older version states it is not supported any longer and I cannot download the new one. How can I get...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

SD Card

Please make it possible to save music on SD Card. It's very bad to just save on The internal memory.

• Please make it possible to save music on SD Card. It's very bad to just save on The internal memory.
  • ThomasLevy
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

When i try to log in with Facebook a message appears saying that im in a diffrent country and i cant use it. How can i solve this problem?

• Casual Listener
  • When i try to log in with Facebook a message appears saying that im in a diffrent country and i cant use it. How can i solve this problem?
  • Josh
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

I have no SD Card and it will not allow me to install

I have a Mach Trio Stealth tablet and when I reinstalled Spotify it said it could not install because there was no SD Card. I have no SD Card and never have, yet I cannot install now. I have always had spotify on there but for some reason it wont all...

• Regular
  • I have a Mach Trio Stealth tablet and when I reinstalled Spotify it said it could not install because there was no SD Card. I have no SD Card and never have, yet I cannot install now. I have always h...
  • GeeDubb
  • Regular
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Dont have SD CARD
    wont let me install
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Remote control for Spotify within the App?

Hi, I often find myself in the following situation: Spotify is running on some PC or Mac, which is connected to a sound-system (either the web-app or the desktop version). I want to remote control this instance on my Android/iOS App. Right now I have...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,   I often find myself in the following situation:   Spotify is running on some PC or Mac, which is connected to a sound-system (either the web-app or the desktop version). I wan...
  • dhutch
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

dmtech tab 10,1 only shufflemode?

From what i can read spotify free should have the same perks as the pc-version, but i can only use shuffle\6skips.how come?

• From what i can read spotify free should have the same perks as the pc-version, but i can only use shuffle\6skips.how come?
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

My access to beta versions is gone. What happened?

I was a beta tester a fill weeks ago and now I lost this access... what happened?

• Visitor
  • I was a beta tester a fill weeks ago and now I lost this access... what happened?
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify won't play synced tracks!

Good day everybody! I'm using Spotify on a HTC M8 running Android 4.4, but none of my synced playlists plays. The only songs that play are the online search results. This is quite frustrating to say at least, considering I usually have around 10-12GB...

• Casual Listener
  • Good day everybody! I'm using Spotify on a HTC M8 running Android 4.4, but none of my synced playlists plays. The only songs that play are the online search results. This is quite frustrating to say ...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • synced offline won't play
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Recently added tracks?

Spotify misses this option, correct? 

• Roadie
  • Spotify misses this option, correct? 
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Not working on Galaxy s2

About 3-4 updates ago I stopped being able to use spotify on my android device. I am paying for premium specifically for this purpose, and I still have no access to spotify. What is the ETA on a fix being pushed for this problem? Is it something I ne...

• About 3-4 updates ago I stopped being able to use spotify on my android device. I am paying for premium specifically for this purpose, and I still have no access to spotify. What is the ETA on a fix ...
  • Fred
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Question about getting internet back

I lost internet this month and continued to play offline playlist from my computer. Being my primary playlist, I'm very used to moving things around and deleting songs as I listen to them. After doing this a few times after my internet went out, I re...

• Roadie
  • I lost internet this month and continued to play offline playlist from my computer. Being my primary playlist, I'm very used to moving things around and deleting songs as I listen to them. After doi...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes