Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • hnavia
  • Regular
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! More than 1 device

Hello. I do not speak english, so i am very sorry if you do not understand. Well, I have a question... If I have Spotify Premium, can I have more than 1 device using it at the same time? (Can I listen music in the 2 devices at the same time?) I am so...

• Visitor
  • Hello. I do not speak english, so i am very sorry if you do not understand.   Well, I have a question... If I have Spotify Premium, can I have more than 1 device using it at the same time? (...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Is there a way to not synch all my albums?

Hey everyone,Right now Spotify tries to sync all "my music" regardless of weither I've made it available for offline listening. This is not really helpfull as my phone has nowhere near enough memory to hold all those albums. This leaves me with 2 que...

• Hey everyone, Right now Spotify tries to sync all "my music" regardless of weither I've made it available for offline listening. This is not really helpfull as my phone has nowhere near enough mem...
  • blake
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Google Play update stopped access to Spotify on my Android device whilst travelling overseas

Google Play update stopped access to Spotify on my Android device whilst travelling overseas I have a premium account in Switzerland. I am travelling and using the device in Rwanda. Google Play will not allow download of Spotify in Rwanda. Please hel...

• Casual Listener
  • Google Play update stopped access to Spotify on my Android device whilst travelling overseas   I have a premium account in Switzerland.   I am travelling and using the device in Rwa...
  • tomtofield
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Nexus 5 not tracking Spotify data usage

Just got a Nexus 5, my first Android coming from iPhone. I am noticing that my cell data usage for Spotify is not being tracked in the Data Usage page in the usage bar for the specific Spotify app. I’ve been listening to it all morning and it “says” ...

• Regular
  • Just got a Nexus 5, my first Android coming from iPhone. I am noticing that my cell data usage for Spotify is not being tracked in the Data Usage page in the usage bar for the specific Spotify app. ...
  • amlamarra
  • Casual Listener
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

STUPID SPOTIFY UPDATE WITH NEW APP LEFT 5 GIGS OF NONSENSE ON MY PHONE.

I only have 15 gigs on my phone. all my old music from old app is on my phone and it is not showing up to delete when I go through the files while hooking up to a computer and searching. AND YES I have gone through settings and deleted catche and oth...

• I only have 15 gigs on my phone.  all my old music from old app is on my phone and it is not showing up to delete when I go through the files while hooking up to a computer and searching.  ...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Tracks appear to download correctly when blocked by internet filter

When I am at home on my wifi, and I download songs to my device everything works great. When connected to my work's wifi, tracks seem to download successfully, but these tracks do not play audio when played. The song will appear to play, ie the track...

• Casual Listener
  • When I am at home on my wifi, and I download songs to my device everything works great.    When connected to my work's wifi, tracks seem to download successfully, but these tracks do no...
  • MichelleBrussel
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify wont play from downloaded playlists like before

After last update, something has gone either very wrong or I have missed out on something.. When I played songs earlier, Spotify would play the "downloaded" tracks even though I was online. This saved me for a lot of gb used, and furtermore a more fr...

• After last update, something has gone either very wrong or I have missed out on something..   When I played songs earlier, Spotify would play the "downloaded" tracks even though I was online...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Audio effects turn off for no reason.

(Galaxy s3) I like to turn my bass boost all the way up but it randomly turns off for no reason. If i go to the audio effects it cuts back on for a few songs then turns off again randomly. Any ideas why or is it just a bug?

• Casual Listener
  • (Galaxy s3) I like to turn my bass boost all the way up but it randomly turns off for no reason. If i go to the audio effects it cuts back on for a few songs then turns off again randomly. Any ideas ...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Turn on 2G/3G sync come up even though WIFI is on and connected. Can't download.

I've upgraded to the latest Android client .7.5.698 on my Galaxy Note 3. Even though I have WIFI on and 2G/3G sync turned off, it won't download tracks and tells me to turn on 2G/3G sync... I can play a track so this proves that I have WIFI access.

• I've upgraded to the latest Android client .7.5.698 on my Galaxy Note 3. Even though I have WIFI on and 2G/3G sync turned off, it won't download tracks and tells me to turn on 2G/3G sync... I can pla...
  • h4ppye
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 4 likes

Please help. Can not see artist or song title when streaming Infiniti Qx80

Hello,Please help. I have a 2014 Infiniti QX80. I have the Spotify Premium account. The phone that I am streaming from is a Samsung Galaxy Note 3. Up until Saturday when music was streaming from my phone to the car the screen in the car showed the ar...

• Regular
  • Hello, Please help. I have a 2014 Infiniti QX80. I have the Spotify Premium account. The phone that I am streaming from is a Samsung Galaxy Note 3. Up until Saturday when music was streaming from...
  • zippinbyu
  • Regular
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

PLEASE HELP!

No matter what, my spotify is not working on my samsung s4. It used to work and now i just get a black screen and the spotify symbol at the top. MEGA FRUSTRATING. I have tried uninstalling etc, getting really irritated because this is the second time...

• No matter what, my spotify is not working on my samsung s4. It used to work and now i just get a black screen and the spotify symbol at the top. MEGA FRUSTRATING. I have tried uninstalling etc, getti...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Latest Galaxy S3 Android software takes away auto haptic feedback options! Please stop the vibrating

I have had a problem with the auto haptic feedback when playing music through spotify. I have called Tmobile but we have determined that the lastest Software update available for the Galaxy S3 took away the ability to enable auto haptic feedback for ...

• I have had a problem with the auto haptic feedback when playing music through spotify. I have called Tmobile but we have determined that the lastest Software update available for the Galaxy S3 took a...
  • skiian
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Samsung Galaxy s3 Vibrating to music!

Please help!!! Ever since the spotify update a few days ago that they pushed due to the security breach the vibration to the music has returned!!!! I ran into this problem a year ago but was able to turn off auto haptic and it worked. However, now wi...

• Casual Listener
  • Please help!!! Ever since the spotify update a few days ago that they pushed due to the security breach the vibration to the music has returned!!!! I ran into this problem a year ago but was able to ...
  • skiian
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Using spotify with ATT drive mode

I used to be able to add spotify to my quick access list in att drive mode on my htc one. After the update its no longer an option

• I used to be able to add spotify to my quick access list in att drive mode on my htc one. After the update its no longer an option
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Poor auxiliary output on Galaxy Note 3

Short version:Note 3 not providing proper auxiliary output, leaving the music sounding flat and nowhere near as good as the phone can provide. I'm looking for a fix rather than an amp app, as this just amplifies a poor signal rather than fixing the u...

• Casual Listener
  • Short version: Note 3 not providing proper auxiliary output, leaving the music sounding flat and nowhere near as good as the phone can provide. I'm looking for a fix rather than an amp app, as this ...
  • jba1987
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify isn't compatible anymore

I have a big problem. Since the latest update, which my phone found today, I can't use spotify anymore. Playstore says it isn't compatible anymore. I have an Alcatel phone. I don't really remember which one, but it has Android. Can someone please hel...

• I have a big problem. Since the latest update, which my phone found today, I can't use spotify anymore. Playstore says it isn't compatible anymore. I have an Alcatel phone. I don't really remember wh...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify minimizes when I touch a result for an Album or Artist

I have a Dell Venue 8 3830 for Android. Every since I upgraded to Android 4.4.2 when I touch a result for an Album or Artist, Spotify minimizes to the home screen. I have been in touch with Spotify support, but so far nothing they have suggested has ...

• Casual Listener
  • I have a Dell Venue 8 3830 for Android. Every since I upgraded to Android 4.4.2 when I touch a result for an Album or Artist, Spotify minimizes to the home screen. I have been in touch with Spotify ...
  • JonathanMeckler
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Premium user, Android constantly shanks, now can't download

I'm a premium user and make much use of offline playlists. I installed the "new" Spotify as required after the big security scare a couple weeks ago. What a train wreck. Now, my downloaded tracks are CONSTANTLY just disappearing from my Android phone...

• Regular
  • I'm a premium user and make much use of offline playlists. I installed the "new" Spotify as required after the big security scare a couple weeks ago. What a train wreck.   Now, my downloaded...
  • blueline17
  • Regular
  • 18 replies
  • 0 likes
  • offline sync
  • 18 replies
  • 0 likes

Why is the kindle version so bad?

Why is the kindle version so different from the other versions? It requires a lot more with premium than all the other tablet versions, and the comuter versions.

• Music Fan
  • Why is the kindle version so different from the other versions? It requires a lot more with premium than all the other tablet versions, and the comuter versions.
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

se borran las playlist

Desde hace un tiempo descargo mis playlist y al revisar más tarde están como si no hubiese descargado nada.... toca volver a descargarlas y me pasa lo mismo repetidas veces

• Desde hace un tiempo descargo mis playlist y al revisar más tarde están como si no hubiese descargado nada.... toca volver a descargarlas y me pasa lo mismo repetidas veces
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes