Premium

Country

Canada

Device

LG V30

Operating System

Android Oreo 

My Question or Issue

Ever since the latest update, the app has become virtually unusable. it's extremely slow despite my internet being at full strength and its not my device. all other apps work perfectly fine  

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Turns out it was my device. Had to do with my sd card. I moved everything back to my internal storage and everything is working now

View solution in original post

12 Replies

I have premium spotify on my android and it works completely fine for me so im guessing it has to be something to do with your internet or your phone signal.

it's a possibility but it seems its only the Spotify app that's affected. I've tried doing a fresh install multiple times and restarting my device and it hasn't fixed it. I've also tried different networks to no avail      

No it has not. They just **bleep**ed up AGAIN. Like they do with every 2nd android update.

Also not even the desktop version is working properly. For example when you downloaded an album before the update, now removing the album does not remove the shitty new heart symbols (was this update for 12 year old girls??). So you have to remove the heart for EACH SINGLE song MANUALLY. And it DOES NOT EVEN WORK EITHER! Half of the time the heart appears again magically.

Spotify really has the worst software development department ever. I guess smoking monkeys do all the testing, if there is any testing done at all. It's just frustating right now. And it probably won't get any better...

I agree with you on the messed up UI, but my issue is that I literally can't use the app. It won't load anything or takes forever to load. If I didn't know better, I'd say it was a memory leak but it's only the Spotify app being affected and I checked my phone's memory usage and it's well within limits. I'm at the point where if I can't get this fixed by the time my google play music free month is up, I'm cancelling my Spotify premium membership.

Have you tried installing an older version from
spotify.en.uptodown.com/android/versions   
?

Ok, I tried that but it's still really slow and won't load into my playlists or anything, so it could possibly be my phone. It's just weird that it's only the Spotify app being affected. Everything else runs fine 

What phone do you have?

A LG V30

oh right, you said that 😛 my bad.
Seems like a bug with the app, the v30 should be plenty to run Spotify. Other than trying a factory reset, I dunno what to say other than that sucks!

Yeah, a factory reset is the last thing I have to try. Thanks for the help anyways

Well, factory reset did not work, so I just wiped my phone for no reason. I'm honestly getting fed up with Spotify at this point, it just sucks having to start over after spending years curating my music library and play lists 

Marked as solution

Turns out it was my device. Had to do with my sd card. I moved everything back to my internal storage and everything is working now

Suggested posts