Premium

Country

Australia 

Device

Galaxy A71

Operating System

Android 11

My Question or Issue

App keeps crashing, will happen randomly. Have run a full reinstall of spotify along with any other possible suggestions. Issue has been happening since the morning of 30th of april AEST.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi, 

I beleive I have now found the culprit.  Despite not being connected in anyway to the other apps that had issues it seemed that my login for facebook had corrupted and was causing the other apps to crash. To resolve it I just reinstalled facebook.

To find a log of crashes I had to do the following

1. Go into setting and select "battery and device care"

Screenshot_20210507-065405_Settings.jpg

2. Click on the little graph icon in the top left as that shows you your crash logs

Screenshot_20210507-065410_Device care.jpg

 3. Look to see which app had the most recent and frequent crashes which was facebook in this case.

Screenshot_20210507-065424_Device care.jpg

 4. Check that app and if needed, reinstall it to resolve the odd crashing issue

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Hey @Darkwolfized

Thanks for posting - we’re here to help!        

If a clean reinstall didn't help you solve the issue it's also a good idea to check if any battery optimization settings or data cleaning apps run active on your mobile device. Such features can often prevent the app from operating at full capacity and we recommend deactivating them. We also suggest accessing the app settings and making sure all Permissions are enabled for Spotify. 

Just to confirm, is this happening only when connected to a certain Internet connection? If possible, we'd suggest connecting to a different network (for example, if this is happening when you're connected to 3G/4G, try switching to a WiFi connection). 

If it works with another connection, it’d be a good idea troubleshooting further the original one (for example by restarting your router). You can also reach out to the service provider of the original network so that they can take a look on their end as well.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted. 

Hi,

I have confirmed that there are no power settings messing with it and have given it as many permissions as I can. 

The issue seems to persist between networks as ive now tested on home wifi, mobile data and wifi at work.

The only other thing I have noticed is that the same issue seems to be occuring to Discord.

Hey @Darkwolfized,

Thanks for your reply.

Could you let us know if you're using an SD card? If so, we suggest that you remove it > restart your phone > reinstall the app again following the steps @Ivan sent previously.

Also, would you mind letting us know if you have any cache-clearing apps that cleans your phone's cache constantly? If so, we'd suggest adding Spotify to the exception list.

Lastly, we'd recommend making sure that the OS of your phone hasn't got any pending updates. 

Keep us posted 🙂

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Hi,

I have attempted your suggestion with the SD card but it still restarts and fails at a constant rate even after another reinstall. 

There are no cache clearing apps installed and OS is up to date. 

The only things that I can possibly see as a probable cause from the recent updates are discord which is another app that closes at the same time as spotify and googles own device health services which updated as well on or near the date that this issue started.

I have made doubly sure that it is not running any checks to put apps to sleep but it would also make no sense for it to be as the app is very much in use when it crashes

Hey @Darkwolfized,

Thanks for keeping in touch and for that info.

Can you let us know if this issue persists in any other device where you use the app? We'd also like you to try logging in to a different account, like a friend's or relative's, in your phone to see if this behavior persists. This would help us determine if the issue is device or account-related.

We'll be looking out for your reply.

CarlosEModerator

Marked as solution

Hi, 

I beleive I have now found the culprit.  Despite not being connected in anyway to the other apps that had issues it seemed that my login for facebook had corrupted and was causing the other apps to crash. To resolve it I just reinstalled facebook.

To find a log of crashes I had to do the following

1. Go into setting and select "battery and device care"

Screenshot_20210507-065405_Settings.jpg

2. Click on the little graph icon in the top left as that shows you your crash logs

Screenshot_20210507-065410_Device care.jpg

 3. Look to see which app had the most recent and frequent crashes which was facebook in this case.

Screenshot_20210507-065424_Device care.jpg

 4. Check that app and if needed, reinstall it to resolve the odd crashing issue

Hi there @Darkwolfized,

Thank you for your reply and for sharing your solution.

We're really glad to hear that everything works as it should for you again 🙂

Let us know if we can help you with anything else.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Suggested posts