Can we get an update on the 10000 song limit?

Highlighted

Can we get an update on the 10000 song limit?

Regular

Plan

Premium

My Question or Issue

The last response of the devs that I can find is from 2017.

Several different streaming services have had 50k/100k song limits since the original idea topic from 2014!

It has been 5 years, and still music collectors don't really have a decent platform to work with. Spotify tells us that 'only' 1% has 10k+ songs. With a MAU of 220 million people, you are screwing 22 MILLION USERS (of which about 1 million are paid users)! That's more than the entire population of the Netherlands...

Can we get an update to the latest response on the 2014 topic?

Also, other people here: what are other good streaming services? Since I'm not planning on staying very long if they are not going to raise the limit. I feel like a **bleep**ing caveman working with playlists within playlists. 

23 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Can we get an update on the 10000 song limit?

Visitor

1% of 220 million is 2.2 million. Not that it really matters though, because this limit is ruining the service for users who have probably been subscribed for a long time. I've had subscription for years, but switched to Apple Music the same day I hit this limit.

For the love of god, Spotify. Fix your service.

Highlighted

Rock Star 23
Rock Star 23

The 10,000 song limit in 'Your Music' applies because it's just like any other playlist. If you sort your collection into several playlists (by letters of the alphabet, date, genre, you name it...) you can grow it exponentially, since each one of them will have 10,000 tracks to be filled.

Check this thread out:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Desktop-Linux-Windows-Web/10-000-song-limit/m-p/794887

Please vote for this idea and post there if you would like an increase maximum songs allowed. The more votes, the better. 🙂

osorniosRock Star 23
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
Highlighted

Regular

It doesn't matter how the limit works. What matters is that thousands of users are left with the choice to either work with playlists like a **bleep**ing caveman, or to switch to a new service, which has its own negatives. I like Spotify. They should not put me in this position.

Highlighted

Casual Listener
Adding songs to a playlist is much slower than clicking the heart button. Maybe by only a few seconds but it adds up when you save 10k songs like the people in this thread have. Also I like to shuffle ALL my music a lot of the time
Highlighted

agreed. and same, #SHUFFLEALL
Highlighted

Agree 100%. Being able to save as much as I want to other playlists isn't a good workaround for me. I'm quickly approaching 10k songs....

Highlighted

Visitor
It is the same for me.
i am a paying customer for quite a long time and like to listen to a record at once. So i save whole albums and after years of doing so I reached the Limit I was not aware of before.
I think the longer Spotify as a service is available, the more people will reach the limit.
And I don't want to delete old albums or organize every album as a playlist.
Other services have a much higher limit and a good user experience. If nothing changes, I will sadly have to switch my music streaming service. Apart from the item Limit. I really like Spotify.
Highlighted

I'd even settle for the library still being capped at 10k if they would just let me "Like" an unlimited number of songs. What I really want is to be able to open an artist's page and glance at the hearts to be reminded of which songs I've enjoyed previously. Workarounds involving making multiple playlists for my collection unfortunately can't help with that.

Highlighted

I tried switching to working with playlists at the begg of this year when I hit my library limit and that didn't work for me, way to tedious. Please increase our song limit Spotify. If I can't have you, I don't want nobody babayy.

SUGGESTED POSTS