Can we get an update on the 10000 song limit?

Highlighted

Re: Can we get an update on the 10000 song limit?

Regular

F9C0C720-C52D-4AD6-8EC8-0AD691F952BD.jpeg

Has anyone tried to break the limit? I recently reached the roof and now I’m actually over the roof. This was supposed to be my second “Epic Collection” warning but well, there wasn’t. I was actually at 10,100 and I thought it was just a glitch, so I tried to slowly “like” the songs from my backup playlist (which also has 10k songs) and well, went to 12k with no warning. How about you guys? 

Highlighted

Casual Listener

Same here!!

Been at the 10k limit since early 2019 or something and today I accidentally mis-clicked on the 'heart' next to a song and I didn't get the**bleep** "epic collection" warning anymore 🙂

Tried to add a few more songs and it worked, I really really hope they removed the ridiculous 10k limit.

Finally!!! No more adding stupid playlist #2, playlist #3 as a work around anymore 😄

Mostly harmless
Highlighted

Casual Listener
okay, i thought i broke spotify when this happened to me yesterday too. but i'm glad to know i'm not alone in noticing this.

i've been at the 10k limit since 2018, liked about 100 songs and didn't get the warning, so i added one of my full playlists since reaching the limit. apparently i'm at 19,734 right now.

i'm too nervous to delete the old playlist since they still haven't publicly announced anything special about this. but could our woes over the song limit finally be silenced?
Highlighted

Regular
That workaround is simply annoying! I can’t just ctrl+A all of my Liked Songs because it doesn’t really load everything. So glad to see your reply. I thought this was a glitch. But what’s weird is that there are no announcements about this.
Highlighted

Regular
I hope they’ll make an official statement about the limit being lifted. That would literally make the users who switched from Spotify to switch back to Spotify. Some of their sole reason why they switched was because of the limit.

It’s so satisfying to see the numbers of your collection + discovered music (yours is 19k, mine’s 18k 😂)

But can I ask you when in 2018 did you reach the limit? I was “Epic Collection, friend”-zoned on December 2018
Highlighted

Hi,

It just happened to me a few days ago, and I found it totally insane. My CD library was bigger than this.

I looked up the workarounds, ahah talk about User Experience, ace !

@eliasvagan wrote:
I've had subscription for years, but switched to Apple Music the same day I hit this limit.

Interested to read this, I suppose Apple Music fixes it and does it right then, I think that'll be my way to go. (and my family account with it). It's sad as I wanted to support something non-apple or whatever.

@ericjeffrey_ wrote:
I hope they’ll make an official statement about the limit being lifted.

Your message about that glitch gives hope, but no sadly the limit hasnt been lifted as I just encountered it. And I'm really jaded about this

Highlighted

Casual Listener

i agree! so far the glitch (if it is that) hasn't subsided and i am still able to continuing adding songs to my liked songs list.

i actually know the day that i got that awful epic collection friend notice: october 7, 2018.

Highlighted

Regular

Same here. My liked songs count is still climbing. Someone replied and said that they still got the warning. 

Highlighted

Casual Listener

yeah, i see that. i wonder if they're rolling out an update or something to those who first hit the warning before others?

Highlighted

Could you try to add more than 10k songs into an actual playlist and tell me if it worked? I tried this afternoon and the message popped up. I add all my songs in playlist because I’ve mistakenly unliked songs in the past without noticing it and that my friend is  now my biggest fear lol too easy to "delete" songs without knowing it

SUGGESTED POSTS