Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Can we get an update on the 10000 song limit?

Solved!

Can we get an update on the 10000 song limit?

Plan

Premium

My Question or Issue

The last response of the devs that I can find is from 2017.

Several different streaming services have had 50k/100k song limits since the original idea topic from 2014!

It has been 5 years, and still music collectors don't really have a decent platform to work with. Spotify tells us that 'only' 1% has 10k+ songs. With a MAU of 220 million people, you are screwing 22 MILLION USERS (of which about 1 million are paid users)! That's more than the entire population of the Netherlands...

Can we get an update to the latest response on the 2014 topic?

Also, other people here: what are other good streaming services? Since I'm not planning on staying very long if they are not going to raise the limit. I feel like a **bleep**ing caveman working with playlists within playlists. 

29 Replies

Oh my gosh, I think the 10,000 song limit was expanded today. 😮

Been on 10K limit since June 2019 as a premium member, and since tuesday I went over that limit, its kind of fun adding those songs that I had "on hold" to add to my liked songs and Im doing that slowly, expecting at any moment the *beep* "You have an epic collection my friend... " and do my damn expression... but so far so good. 

I also expect an official announcement on the new limit so I can see what else to add. 

Also I hate when music is removed but the song is still there grayed out unavailable but using a spot on your list. Hope they work on that soon. 

Anyway thanks Spotify for moving up the limit on liked songs!

I really do hope that they'll make an announcement about this. 

Link it now

Marked as solution

There's a blog post about this:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Community-Blog/Save-save-save/ba-p/4963349

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Idea for this has now been marked as implemented 😊

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/All-Platforms-Your-Library-Increase-maximum-Songs-allowe...

MattSudaSpotify Star
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Problem is that I don’t care about adding my song into a play, but they also stop me after 10 000 songs like wth? Allow us to like AND add more than 10 000 to a playlist. I want to shuffle my entire bibliothèque.

But the playlist can’t go over 10k it’s so annoying

Hi there @Blacklabel78,

If you think other users might also like to be able to add an unlimited number of songs to a playlist, go ahead and create an idea on the relevant idea board. We always take new ideas and feedback into consideration to improve the app. Here you can read more on how ideas work.

We also suggest checking this help article for useful tips on how to submit an idea. As a heads-up, it's good to know that the higher the number of votes an idea gets, the more likely it is for the idea to be implemented.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any more questions.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

not fix, 2021 and still limited to 10 000. So annoying.

Suggested posts