Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android app take time to load one my Liked Songs and can crash sometimes

Android app take time to load one my Liked Songs and can crash sometimes

When I try to play a specific music or via the big green play button on "Liked Songs" playlist it takes quite some time (around 10 to 30s) to load a music
Also, and I think it could be linked, if I switch the shuffle button (in any state and at any moment of the music), when my music end it sometimes crash

To add more informations :
- I have more than 13k songs liked and it started between 10 and 12k (can't really remembers)
- It stops if I wipe app data but start again to do that after some time
- It don't do that on any other playlist or if I search for a specific music, only for "Liked Songs" where I have a lot of songs
[private info removed by Mod]
- URL of playlist : /collection/tracks

1 Reply

Hey @Cannonbark,

Welcome to the Community and we appreciate you sending all of the details. This really helps us!

Having a lot of liked songs in the library can cause performance issues on specific devices, however it's still worth trying some troubleshooting steps in order to test if any of them would make any difference.

I recommend checking the steps mentioned by two of our mods in this thread and then it'd be great if you could get back to us here, letting us know what exactly you've tried.

If none of them make any difference, feel free to send us the make/model and OS of the device(s), as well as the Spotify version.

Thanks and we'll be on the lookout 🙂

IvelinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts