Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android client crashes with lock screen - both 4.4 and 5.x

Android client crashes with lock screen - both 4.4 and 5.x

I use Spotifyon my mobile devices (iPhone 6, Nexus 5, OnePlus One) and I keep having problems with the Android client:

On both Androids (4.4 and 5.x) the client most of the time is not reacting to the lock screen widget and in some cases crashing to have no more controls but out of a sudden starting. This is really annoying, especially when at work! The only way to turn of the music for such cases is rebooting the phone...

The problem even get's worse if the phone is connected via bluetooth headset at the same time. When the spotify app is running, the phone keeps connecting and disconnecting which casues the music to immediately to stop.

Is this problem already on the agenda for the next release?

I do have a similar problem with the Windows client and have posted a separate message.

Thanks,

Manuel

3 Replies

Please read the guide linked below for details on the most common issues and how to fix them. Usually a clean install is the first step to take and resolves most of the usual issues; the guide details the steps to take to ensure a full 'clean installation' is achieved - This includes checking redundant folders and a REBOOT!

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

did again follow the linked steps for a "clean install" and had wiped the phone. 

I did upgrade in the meantime the OnePlus One to Lollipop (Cynogenmod) and with that I do have a new lock-screen widget, which does no longer has the problem. Not sure if that "solves" the problem for other users.

Suggested posts