Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android missing saved music

Android missing saved music

Like to report that twice now, Ive opened spotify to find all my saved albums are no longer available.
I still have saved playlists, only everything under artist tab is,missing.
First time I believed was caused by a software update clearing memory to update, not so sure now that the second occurance there was no update pending or downloading.
Loyal customer, not a deal breaker and I can be patient in hopes to resolve this.
Thanks.
3 Replies

I pay for spotify premium so I have a way of listening to music when I am not connected to wifi. I use it to download many albums (I have around 40 or so saved) that I can listen to offline. However, in the last few months spotify has been randomly removing these downloads leaving me stranded on a long car journey or the like with no music! This has happened multiple times after I have spent a long time redownloading all the albums only to find spotify has gotten rid of them after a day or 2. I am using the 8.4.5.1092  version on a OnePlus 2. I have already tried deleting and redownloading the app, and deleting my cache and saved data. If anyone could help my out with this that would be great as I pay money for this service and it is not delivering at all.

Hey folks, welcome to the community!

Thanks for reaching out to us, we'll do our best to help you out.

Could you send us the exact Android and Spotify version you're using? Also, let us know the make and model of your Android device.

In the meantime, make sure you don't have duplicate offline devices and try reinstalling Spotify.

Let us know if it happens again after the reinstall.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”
― Maria Augusta von Trapp

I'm running 8.4.9.271 on Samsung Galaxy S8 plus. I'm on holiday and it keeps deleting all downloaded albums. It keeps the playlists that have been downloaded though. This is a real pain. If it keeps happening I'll be switching services.

Suggested posts