Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android not offering auto fill for the app anymore

Android not offering auto fill for the app anymore

Hi there. Premium user in the US on Android 13 on my Samsung S22 Ultra and Android 12 on my Note 10+. I have no idea what I did, but I never get the option to autofill on any of my Android devices anymore. It's annoying because I have two accounts. 

The Spotify login info is in the Google password manager for both the app and the website on all devices. I've verified that. 

I have rebooted all the devices and uninstalled and reinstalled Spotify. No dice. I have tried switching autofill services and that also doesn't fix it. 

I would love any ideas because I switch accounts a couple times a day. (one is exclusively for white noise and I don't want that in my metrics) 

This worked for years (since 2019!) until this week. 

3 Replies

Hey @mobilehypo ,

Thanks for posting in the Community.

Do you mind the option to autofill the login details or some other autofill?

Just to make sure, have you tried performing a clean reinstall of the app on your Android devices as described here?

On another note, you can check out the Private listening mode for when you don't want the listened to music affecting your stats. Here is more on that.

Keep us posted,

Cheers!

DianModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

I'm having the same issue here and it's driving me crazy.

What might help is if this would get implemented: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Account-Quickly-switch-between-saved-Accounts/idi-p/1289...

Hey @JoeDude,

Welcome to the Community and thank you for joining the conversation. 

To continue investigating this case, could you confirm if you've already followed the processes previously mentioned by @Dian? This will give us a better look at the issue. 

If so and the issue persists, include in your next response the make, model, and OS version of your device, along with the Spotify version you're currently running, to continue investigating the case.

Regarding the idea, feel free to add your vote to show your support for it. More info on how the feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

We'll be on the lookout. 

OscarDCModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts