Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android offline crash

Solved!

Android offline crash

Hi,
Since yesterday, spotify crashes whenever I go to my "Your music" folder during offline mode. This doesn't happen in online mode. I uninstalled it and did a fresh installation and it worked fine during the rest of the day but today I'm facing the same problem. I'm using a Samsung a3 (2016) and I haven't received the marshmallow update. Thanks

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

The latest uptdate solved the problem. Thank you guys.

View solution in original post

10 Replies

Can you try again using the guide below which details the steps to take to ensure a full 'clean installation' is achieved - This includes checking redundant folders, removing offline devices and a REBOOT!

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

Hi,
I did everything the post says but the problem continues

Are you using an SD card? If so, try removing the card and see if that makes any difference (to eliminate any faults with it).

Unfortunately it stays the same

Hi. I was going to write about the same problem. If I'm in offline mode or my data (mobile network/WiFi) is off Spotify will crash when trying to go into Library.
The problem started after downloading Daily Mix 1 playlist (playlist based to your music taste, created by Spotify).

Tried to reinstall and clean Spotify files (with tutorials in this thread) but doesn't fix the problem.

Phone is Huawei P9
Spotify 6.2.0.1028 (newest)

I have the same problem with offline mode on 2 different devices: Samsung Tab Pro 8.4 (Android 6) & Samsung Tab 10.1 (Android 5), both without SD card. Both devices have build 6.2.0.1028 installed.

Spotify crashes when these conditions are met:

- After a reboot / flushing the cache and closing the app.

- Offline mode is selected.

- Navigate to Your Library.

Could be the app needs some cached stuff to work in offline mode?

Hey guys, this seems to be a bug which has been reported. Another thread on this is here.

It seems like the problem is that spotify doesn't recognize the "daily playlists" in your "recently played" list when offline. This causes the app to crash unless you immediately press "playlists" or such.
I'm running spotify on a Sony Z3C, Android 6.0.1 and I'm using an SD card.

Hey @KermitDuFraug that makes sense. Worth posting in the bug thread.

Marked as solution

The latest uptdate solved the problem. Thank you guys.

Suggested posts