Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android "No Internet Connection" Bug

Android "No Internet Connection" Bug

I've had the "No Internet Connection Available despite having an internet connection" bug constantly for over 24 hours at this point. I have logged out of all devices and logged back in, I've uninstalled and reinstalled the app, disabled my VPN, enabled my vpn, changed my access point, changed my DNS, tried on wifi, tried off wifi, tried it on a different wifi, turned offline mode on and off, and generally tried every other solution produced since this bug first appeared in 2012. 

The only way I can use the app is to put it in Offline Mode which enables some but not all downloaded music to play. This crippling design flaw has persisted for a decade across all platforms. I switched to this service from Amazon Music 5 months ago and am now sorely regretting that move having discovered this issue because as obnoxious as Amazon Music's app is and bad as their recommendations are, the thing actually works consistently. If it was an intermittent service issue, that would be understandable, serves go down, but this is clearly a fundamental flaw in the underlying service.

I would ask if there was a solution here but there very obviously is not one and Spotify clearly has no ability nor any desire to fix it.

Plan

Premium Duo

Country

Texas, United States

Device

OnePlus 6T (app version 8.7.8.1206)

Operating System

Android 11

3 Replies

Hey @HSTiberius

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

Just to confirm, is this happening across devices or only on your phone?

Additionally, you mentioned that you've already reinstalled the app, but would you mind going through the steps of a clean reinstall, as it's more thorough than a normal one?

On another note, keep in mind that we don't support VPNs, so we suggest that you turn it off while using the app. 

Lastly, we recommend trying again using cellular data, for example creating a hotspot on your phone and using that to see if that makes the difference. 

Keep us posted on how it goes.

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

It is happening the same for me. When I have mobile data activated, Spotify doesn't work, and it shows "No internet connection available". It only works when I am on Wifi. The weirdest is that I can play songs from my liked songs with mobile data, but not from any other playlist. Even, If I want to download any song with mobile data (keeping the option activated) it doesn't download. It's very stupid If I can't use Spotify with mobile data. Although I can download the songs and use Spotify in offline mode, I want to use it with mobile data too. If I want to download any song or doing something else. Please, fit it asap. 

Hi @santiq74!

Could you check the Spotify app in your phone's settings and make sure it's allowed to use Mobile data? It may have been turned off. Make sure also that Spotify is excluded from any battery optimization since it may hinder the app's proper functionality.

Let us know how it goes.

Cheers!

YordanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts