Plan

Premium

Country

Device

Pixel 4a

Operating System

Android 11

My Question or Issue

Since the update to the "your library" setup I have attempted to use the "your episodes" playlist and it has never once behaved like a playlist when I attempted to play from it. I have checked other Android issues and only seen people describing it behaving in ways I would expect it to (like playing all added episodes in the order they were added, but lacking the ability to reorder it). If this is a cross platform issue, then your help site should ensure that people searching on only one affected platform will see it there.

Here is how I use it:

1) I download and add episodes of various podcasts to "Your Episodes". I add episodes from multiple podcasts

2) I go to the "Your Episodes" playlist and I click on an episode and it begins playing.

3) I check my queue. My queue includes all episodes of the podcast I clicked on in chronological order, not the playlist.

Expected behavior: I should see the episodes which I added to "My Episodes" and only those episodes. I should see all of them in the order they appear when I look at the "My Episodes" playlist. It should include episodes from different podcasts if it looks like there are episodes from multiple podcast in the "Your Episodes" playlist.

2 Replies

Figured out the problem.

If you click on the title of a podcast episode, or an image for it, it will not start playing. Instead, it will take you to the podcast episode's canonical listing within the podcast itself. This is not apparent, as it shows ONLY information regarding the selected podcast episode, not the episodes around it. If you press play from this context, however, it will play it from the podcast as a whole, not the playlist.

Instead, you have to press the very small "play" button to the bottom right. Songs do not work this way. For a song, you need to press something highly specific in a lower menu to get to the song within it's source album. This difference in functionality is unintuitive and annoying, like many other recent UX changes Spotify has undergone.

Hey @sixty

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community, and welcome 🙂 

Keep in mind that "New Episodes" is only a folder and not a playlist. It's currently expected that selecting the title or image will only show info from the episode instead of playing it. However, you should be able to play it by tapping the green Play button inside of this page. 

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us and will make sure to pass it on to the right team, as we always strive to improve our users' experience. 

If anything else comes up, the Community will be here. 

Take care.

NovyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts