Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

App crashes since early July

Solved!

App crashes since early July

I bought a Moto G5 in April and the Spotify app started crashing in early July. I thought there could be a problem with the Waze integration, so I uninstalled that app but Spotify keeps crashing.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled the app multiple times. I've cleared its cache many times as well. I formated the micro SD card tonight, and it crashed again. I've already given it all permissions, and I don't have any relative or friend who could try to login with their account.

Is this issue solvable, or did I get a defective phone? It's weird that Spotify is the only app that crashes constantly on this phone.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @DarrenO, welcome to the Spotify Community!

Try removing the SD card, reinstalling the app, and then reinserting the SD card once again. Here's how.

If you’re getting any error messages, make sure to take a screenshot and send it over. It’ll be super helpful.

Keep us posted.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi @DarrenO, welcome to the Spotify Community!

Try removing the SD card, reinstalling the app, and then reinserting the SD card once again. Here's how.

If you’re getting any error messages, make sure to take a screenshot and send it over. It’ll be super helpful.

Keep us posted.

Sorry for the late reply.

I just tried that, remove SD card, uninstall, reinstall, insert SD card again, download my music, and it keeps crashing.

Why does this keep happening? Do I need to get rid of the SD card?

Correction: it only crashed once but not sure if it will do that again. I will post again if it crashes once more. Thanks.

Well, I don't know what I did but it works now. I tried to install a previous version but it crashed again. I tried downloading the app from Google Play and it finally worked. Weird.

Suggested posts