Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

App crashes since early July

Solved!

App crashes since early July

I bought a Moto G5 in April and the Spotify app started crashing in early July. I thought there could be a problem with the Waze integration, so I uninstalled that app but Spotify keeps crashing.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled the app multiple times. I've cleared its cache many times as well. I formated the micro SD card tonight, and it crashed again. I've already given it all permissions, and I don't have any relative or friend who could try to login with their account.

Is this issue solvable, or did I get a defective phone? It's weird that Spotify is the only app that crashes constantly on this phone.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @DarrenO, welcome to the Spotify Community!

Try removing the SD card, reinstalling the app, and then reinserting the SD card once again. Here's how.

If youโ€™re getting any error messages, make sure to take a screenshot and send it over. Itโ€™ll be super helpful.

Keep us posted.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi @DarrenO, welcome to the Spotify Community!

Try removing the SD card, reinstalling the app, and then reinserting the SD card once again. Here's how.

If youโ€™re getting any error messages, make sure to take a screenshot and send it over. Itโ€™ll be super helpful.

Keep us posted.

Sorry for the late reply.

I just tried that, remove SD card, uninstall, reinstall, insert SD card again, download my music, and it keeps crashing.

Why does this keep happening? Do I need to get rid of the SD card?

Correction: it only crashed once but not sure if it will do that again. I will post again if it crashes once more. Thanks.

Well, I don't know what I did but it works now. I tried to install a previous version but it crashed again. I tried downloading the app from Google Play and it finally worked. Weird.

Suggested posts